Chapter 36

Bella's POV

After my talk with Louis I threw on a pair of sweat pants and a white T-shirt that Harry brought me from home.

I walked around the hospital until I somehow found my way to the roof. Harry was sitting back on a bench with his eyes closed.

I walked over and sat down next to him. Harry opened his eyes and just looked at me.

"I shouldn't have walked out like that, I'm sorry." he said.

"Harry do you remember when we first met?" I asked him.

"Of course I do."

"The day after we had our first date, Simon called and said we would have to do an interview to confirm that we were dating and I was afraid that you were going to break up with me."

"But then when you asked me what was wrong I said nothing and you said that you needed me to always tell you the truth, that goes for you too Harry. I need you to talk to me, right now, we are on our way down a hard path and I'm scared." I said, my voice cracking at the end.

"I'm so sorry Bella, I just, I didn't know what to say after the doctor left, he blatantly told us that there is a fifty fifty chance our baby girl is going to die and I couldn't sit there and think about what might happen."

I kissed him because I knew that was what he needed right now. "I love you Harry, it's okay, I understand. I just I want to be right next to you through all of this."

"I'll be right here." Harry said and then fumbled for something in his pockets.

"I got this in the gift shop." Harry said handing me a new necklace just like the one with two hearts cut out but now there was a third.

"Whenever she can wear a necklace, we'll be ready." Harry said.

I hugged him then curled into his chest. "I want to meet her." I whispered.

"Me too."

"I wonder if they would let us back there."

"It can't hurt to try."

Harry took my took my hand and we walked down to the NICU. At the main desk there was a nurse and Harry asked her if we could go see Harper.

The nurse had to call the doctor and get the all clear so we had to stand and wait for a few minutes but those few minutes felt like an eternity.

"Let's go get you ready to met you baby girl." the nurse said with a smile.

She led us back to a small area with a sink and some hospital gowns. "Mrs.Styles, if I could get you to slip this in over your shirt and then wash your hands very well, up to your elbows. And Mrs.Styles, I need you to take you shirt off and then put a hospital gown on and wash your hands."

"Why do I have to take my shirt off?" Harry asked completely confused.

"That way when get to your daughter you can take the gown off and hold her, skin to skin contact with the parents has helped many premies get better faster."

Once Harry was ready we walked into the room that had little tiny human beings in incubators.

Around each incubator there was two chairs and you could pull a curtain around you to have privacy.

"Who would like to hold the baby first?" the nurse asked us both.

I looked at Harry, "You hold her first Bella." he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll hold her right after you." he said smiling. He asked if he could take pictures with his phone and the nurse said yes.

I sat down in one of the chairs like the nurse instructed me to do. I felt like a little kid when your mum brings a new baby home and how you aren't aloud to pick them up, someone has to hand you the baby.

The nurse picked Harper up and as this was the first time I really saw her I was amazed by how tiny she was. I could hold her entire body in one hand.

The nurse handed her to me and told me multiple things about how to be careful with the wires and everything but I couldn't focus, I was in awe of my baby.

I just kept staring at her. She was so beautiful, I've seen so many premature babies where the color of their skin looks different than a full term baby. Harper's skin doesn't look all that much different, she is a little more flushed than Annie was the day after I had her.

She was sleeping but she opened her beautiful eyes, which were clones of Harry's. She looked right at me for a few moments then closed her eyes and went back to sleep.

The nurse took her back so Harry could hold her and I stood and wrapped my arms around my husband.

"What's this all about?" he asked me.

"You've given me another beautiful daughter, I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart." I heard his whisper.

"Go hold your baby." I told him pulling away.

He pulled off his hospital gown and sat down. The nurse handed him Harper as smiled from ear to ear.