Chapter 33

Bella's POV

After being on the medication since early this morning the contractions have slowed, but not stopped.

The door to my hospital room burst open and Harry came running in. "Harry." I said and opened my arms and he hugged me.

"Bella what's going on?" he asked me.

"The doctor is coming in soon and will explain more to both of us." I said.

"Are you okay?"

"No, what if it's my fault that our daughter is coming so soon?" I asked hiding my head in his chest.

"Bella, I don't want to hear that nonsense again, I'm sure it was nothing you did, you don't smoke, you don't drink, you did nothing wrong."

Dr.Shay came in and said, "I have all of the test results and you will have the baby soon. The medicine is slowing the contractions, but not stopping them."

"Will the baby be okay if she is born this early?" Harry asked.

"There is no way to tell for sure, but she would be in the hospital much longer than a full term baby would be. There is a chance that she would always be smaller than other children, and she would probably have asthma, and some premature babies have more severe problems for the rest of their lives."

"Was there anything that I could've done differently?" I asked quietly.

"No, all the test results show that this just happened. Sometimes premature birth has a cause, and sometimes it doesn't."

"Do you know when?" Harry asked her.

"Not for sure, I think in the next day or so."

"Thank you." I said and she left.

There was nothing to say so Harry came and pulled me into his arms. "Harry...our baby girl."

"Shhh, she's our daughter, she will be a strong little girl."

"The kids." I said suddenly remembering.

"The kids?" Harry asked.

"Go home, they haven't seen you in months, go see your kids."

"Not until she's here, I want to be here for the birth, whether is a full term pregnancy or not."

"I'll be fine, the doctor said that she won't be coming for a day or so. Go see the kids, then you can come right back."

"I'll go home, tuck them in and then I'll come back okay?" he asked me.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." he said pecking my lips and quickly leaving.

Harry's POV

I quickly, but safely drove home to see the kids. I opened the door and called for everyone.

Chloe was the first downstairs and into my arms. "Daddy I missed you!"

"I missed you too my little duck." I replied kissing her head.

"Daddy!" I heard Annie yell.

"Dad!"

"Dad! You're home!"

Annie was the next one into my arms, then Colin, then Gabe. "How is mommy?"

"Sit down." I said and sat in the coffee table I front of the couch where the kids were sitting.

"Mommy is going to have the baby girl very soon." I said.

"But she's too early." Gabe said.

"Yes she is, but the baby is conning and there is nothing we can do to stop her from coming."

"Will our sister be okay?" Chloe asked.

"Your sister is going to be a strong little girl, I'm sure she'll be just fine." I told them not wanting to upset them.

"When is the baby coming?"

"In the next day or two, so I'm going to tuck you guys in and then go back to the hospital to be with mum. So Colin, Chloe, go change into your pajamas and I'm going to tuck Annie in."

I grabbed Annie and carried her to her room, "Grandmum watch us?"

"Yes, Grandmum is going to watch you while I'm with mum."

I changed her clothes then carried her to her bed. "Daddy, will you please tell mommy I love her?"

"Of course I will sweetie, and she loves you too." I kissed her head and turned off her light.

I tucked the twins in and then went to check on Gabe. "Gabe?" I asked walking into his room.

He came out of his bathroom in a pair of sweats and a muscle shirt with a tooth brush in his mouth.

"Hust a minhute." he said walking back into his bathroom.

When he came back out he sat down and I said, "Thanks for helping out with watching the kids."

"Of course, but dad tell me the truth, is the baby going to be okay if she is born now? I'm thirteen I can handle the truth."

"Honestly Gabe, I don't know. The baby isn't even thirty weeks along yet, she will have a better chance than some premature babies, but not nearly as good as full term babies."

"Okay, go be with mum, I know she wants you to be with her."

"How do you know that?" I asked curious.

"She missed you a lot when you were gone. She was always sad and would always be quiet at dinner and just stare off into space. And she would stop and stare at pictures of you."

"Thanks Gabe, I'm going to go see her right now."

"Okay, I love you." Gabe said.

"I love you too."