Chapter 35

Harry's POV

Bella was so tired from the birth and everything that she slept through the night, but I just couldn't.

Around two am I heard a slight commotion from the hall so I stuck my head out of the room and saw Louis trying to get past a nurse, I walked down the hall and asked what the problem was.

"This man is insisting that he sees you, but he is not a family relative." the nurse said.

"It's fine, I'll take him with me." I said. Louis smirked at the nurse causing her to walked away.

I lead the way to Bella's room and grabbed a chair for Louis. "I didn't think you guys would be back already."

"The others are on the plane now, after you left I started packing, and when everyone else woke up I told them what was going on and I left."

"Why didn't you wait for the rest of the boys?" I asked him.

"Harry, you're my best mate, I was gonna be here for you."

"Thanks Lou." I said.

"What's the news then?"

"Bella had her a little after ten, since it was late we won't have the rest of the test results until the morning."

"What's her name?" he asked me.

"Harper Louise."

"How are you?" Louis asked me crossing his arms over his chest.

"Lou I'm so scared, my little girl, she might not make it." I cried dropping my head to my hands.

I felt Louis start rubbing his hand on my back in circles, trying to comfort me. "Harry, Bella is sleeping, let's go outside."

Louis's POV

I lead Harry up to the top floor of the hospital and explained to the security guard who I was and he let us up the small flight of stairs to the roof.

I found two chairs and by now Harry was sobbing. I couldn't pretend to know how he feels, I've never had a child, let alone a premature one. But I can imagine.

"Harry, it's okay, it's going to be alright."

"I'm scared." he whispered.

"I know, but me and the boys, we are here for you, okay? You will get through this. Harper will get through this."

"Thanks Lou." Harry said smiling slightly.

"Any time."

Harry and I walked back into the maternity wing and he stopped outside a glass window. I stood beside him and looked into the NICU.

"That's Harper." Harry said pointing to the baby closest to the window.

"She's beautiful Harry." I said.

"I love her so much and I haven't even met her yet."

"She's your daughter, a part of you, you're going to love her."

"Yeah I guess so." Harry said and Harper opened her eyes and looked right at her daddy then went back to sleep.

"D-did you see that?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah, I saw it."

"Good, I thought I was totally losing it."

Bella's POV

I woke up and Harry wasn't in the room but he soon came in with Louis. "Good morning Bella." he greeted me.

"Good morning Louis."

"Good morning sweetheart." Harry said kissing me and taking his stop next to my bed.

There was a knock on the door and Dr.Green came in. "We have the test results, and for the most part Harper is very healthy. Her lungs will hopefully develop to where we need them to be with the help of some medicine we put her on. She is a very small baby, but there is no health risk with her size. As for her kidneys, one of them is scarred and not functioning. The one kidney is working just fine though."

"Will she be okay with just one kidney?" Harry asked the doctor.

"She will be fine yes, although she will have to have regular doctor appointments to check on everything."

"Her lungs; this medicine will help them right?" I asked.

"I hope so, there is no way to tell for sure, but it should."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Well, she would die." the doctor said and I inhaled sharply.

"I think it's time you leave." Louis said through gritted teeth.

He closed the door after the doctor and said, "That guy is an arse."

Normally I would've laughed at Louis's use of the British word but right now I was scared to death that the medicine wouldn't work.

I looked at Harry and he was just staring out the window. "Harry?" I asked cautiously.

"I need some fresh air." he said and left the room.

"Louis, can I ask you a question?"

"Bella you know you can always talk to me."

"What I am supposed to do? I feel like I should be strong for Harry, but I also want him to be strong for me because...I'm scared Louis, I'm just so scared."

"Harry is scared too, right now I don't think it's a mater of being strong for one another, I think you should just be there for each other. Whether you guys just sit there together and cry, or you put in a brave face and act like you aren't scared, you just need to be there for him and he needs to be there for you."