Chapter Eleven

"I can't ever be brave, 'cause you make my heart race." Liam Payne sung, and the cheers from the crowd started to ring in my ears.

                "Shot me out of the sky—"

                My hand struck the chords for Harry's part of the song, but a dull sound gave out. I frowned, looking at my guitar and trying to continue to play along before realizing it wasn't my fault, but technical issues with the amp. Quickly, I looked around the stage, my eyes wide as I tried to figure out what to do without ruining the entire song.

                People barely noticed the mess-up, and my eyes made their way to the side of the stage where the sound crew was, obviously working quickly to fix whatever had malfunctioned with my guitar. And then, finally, I ripped the guitar strap off of me, looked at the stage crew guys, and did something I've always wanted to do.

                Holding the neck of the guitar, I made eye contact with a stage crew worker as he held a red guitar as I had been doing. And then we tossed them to each other, each of us catching either guitar mid-air. Instantly, I slipped the strap around me and turned the button up before continuing on my path in the song, my eyes wide as I looked at the worker.

                I grinned at him to see him as surprised as I was — that was awesome! "So get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead! I don't, I don't, don't know what it is,"

                The boys continued singing until we were finished with tonight's show, the crowd cheering as we ran off the stage and out of the venue, straight to our tour bus so we could escape before all the fans came out and flooded the exit. I ran onto my tour bus and straight for the showers, grabbing a towel and some clothes along the way.

                First shower was always the best, and I was enjoying it longer than usual since I hadn't heard anyone board the bus. When I was done, I quickly twirled my hair up into a towel and changed into pajamas, using makeup remover to wipe off what the shower didn't. Yawning, I wiped my arms with the towel one last time before hanging it up and walking out of the bathroom.

                I had already gotten used to showering on a moving tour bus — actually, it wasn't even that hard. "Steal first shower again?"

                I winked at Josh, "Didn't steal, I'm just too quick for you guys."

                He grinned, "Sure. We'll see about that."

                I laughed as I passed him, the only clean one on the tour bus as of now. Skipping back to the bus, I fell down onto a couch, picking up the book I'd hidden underneath the cushion so the guys wouldn't misplace it as a coaster or napkin. Smiling at the cover, I read, The Host in gold cursive letters before opening it twenty pages in, just now getting into it.

                As I was reading, the world slipped away. Actually, I loved reading as long it was a good book — which was kind of weird for a lot of girl guitarists my age, I suppose. The bus kept hitting bumps or something that made me jump, remembering I was just getting too lost in my book for it not to be normal. We were driving for forty five minutes before we stopped a block away from a restaurant.

                Like every night after concerts, we went to a new food place to eat. It was important to work out whenever we got the chance, considering on the road we lived off of fast food places. So, climbing out of the tour bus with all of the other clean boys, we all met up at the corner and started walking towards McDonalds together.