Chapter Fourteen

All the guys  started at me, mouths agape, as I stood there panting, turning off the music. I had just done a dance routine for them after Liam clicked on an All Time Low song and told me to do what I do best — dance. Wiping my forehead, I looked at the boys, trying to decipher what they were feeling and thinking.

                "That was sexy," Harry said bluntly.

                I laughed, saying, "Thanks?"

                He continued to stare at me, so I instead looked at Louis, who was grinning at me. "You're so good! Why didn't you tell us that before? You'd probably be a back-up dancer instead of guitarist!"

                I grinned, and then Niall agreed with Harry: "That was sexy."

                I was laughing still as I glanced over at Liam, who had his eyes narrowed at Harry and Niall, looking slightly... jealous? When he saw me, his expression softened, and he smiled back at me supportingly.

                And then Zayn: "I agree with Lou. You're amazing!"

                Jokingly, I said, "It's good to have the boys' approval."

                Liam's arm was around my waist a second later, and he was pulling me away from everyone. It was probably because he knew this was his chance to talk to me considering I was actually talking to him, and I was oddly okay with that. We did need to talk, and I needed to stop being so childish as to ignoring him. Liam was a great guy and it wasn't his fault he was famous.

                When we went backstage, he tugged me into his dressing room and shut the door behind me, and then he got really close to me. My back was against the door, and his face was only inches away from mine. One hand was still around my waist, and the other was against the door, right beside my head, leaving me only more aware of our proximity.

                But this was Liam, and his big brown eyes were smoldering. "I'm never going to kiss you without permission again, after this."

                His words came out breathed, and then his lips were on mine, and they were moving perfectly together. I couldn't help but notice how our bodies molded together like two puzzle pieces that were meant to be combined to create the image. My hands moved to around his neck, grabbing the ends of his hair at the back of his head like I needed him closer.

                Fireworks sparked behind my closed eyes, which I hadn't even remembered closing, and all I felt, needed, touched, was Liam Payne. But too soon, he took a step back, leaving me breathless with my heart racing quick and eyes fluttering back open. His eyes seemed a bit dazed before he smiled a goofy smile at me, and I realized that I couldn't let my own insecurities get in the way of... us.

                "You felt that too, right?" He questioned, trying to make sure he wasn't going crazy.

                I think he meant the fireworks, the butterflies. The feelings. "Yes."

                Liam kissed my lips again, not a peck, but a lingering, innocent kiss. "Then how do you expect me to let you keep ignoring me?"

                "I don't want you to let me anymore," I told him, eyes set on his. "I like you, Liam. A lot."

                "I like you a lot, too."

                "Then..."

                "Then Mikayla Ryder, will you be my girlfriend?"