Chapter Six

“So many loud noises,” I groaned as I shuffled into the kitchen, wincing at a very chipper Louis making breakfast.

                The other guys in the room were Josh, Sandy, Liam, and Jon. Josh, Sandy, and Jon all looked miserable with hoodies on and their hoods drawn over their heads so you couldn’t see their faces. Liam was sitting at the table with a newspaper, and looked up to grin at me and say “Good morning!”

                “How are you not dead?” I said gruffly to Louis as he cracked eggs into a bowl. “You had more to drink than me.”

                He grinned, “The correct mix of Advil and water, my friend.”

                I sighed, “Want to make me breakfast?”

                “Nope.”

                “But will you?”

                “Sure.”

                “You’re the best, Boo Bear.” I said, throwing my arms around him and squeezing him into a hug. “I’ll make you dinner.”

                Louis Tomlinson chuckled, hugging me back before I released and walked over to the table and sat across from Liam. Everyone else was sleeping in despite the fact it was already a quarter past noon – after all, we didn’t have anything to do today. All I knew was that I wasn’t going to be hanging out with Drew today considering he hadn’t left on a good note last night.

                Basically, I woke up and realized I never really liked him. He was just a random guy, and even though we befriended each other, I knew what he wanted and it was what all guys wanted – a hookup. It wasn’t much of a loss considering I have enough friends right here in this penthouse that I’ll be touring with for months; besides, I can’t afford to make a good friend that I’ll lose during the tour.

                “Have you checked your twitter?” Liam mused, now scrolling through something on his phone as he glanced up at me.

                I raised my brow, “No, why? What’d you do?”

                He chuckled, “Nothing, but you have fans now. You’re up to a little over eight hundred thousand followers.”

                “What?” I said automatically, and then blinked at my stupidity. “I mean… what?”

                Liam laughed at me again. I knew what followers were and stuff – I wasn’t that clueless – but I was clueless as to how I gained so many in the course of a day or two since creating the account. I mean, sure, I was the guitarist for the One Direction tour, but was that any reason for my follower count to skyrocket over night?

                Maybe Liam mentioned me to his three million followers in a tweet. I just shrugged it off, and a moment later a plate of eggs and toast was in front of me. I looked up at Louis with wide eyes and grinned so brightly in that moment that I wouldn’t expect myself to be so happy over cooked food. He laughed at me, ruffled my hair, then grabbed his plate.

                “Thanks, Louis!” I chirped.

                As I started to eat, Josh picked his head up from resting on the counter and narrowed his eyes. “You cooked breakfast for her?”

                He shrugged, “She offered to cook me dinner.”

                Josh glared at me. “Well played.”