Chapter Ten

I laughed, saying, "This is literally the best food I've ever had."

                Liam glanced at me with his eyebrows raised. "Are you serious? You, miss, have clearly not experienced Nandos."

                I rolled my eyes. "Who knew a churro was so good?"

                "Niall did," The Brit joked, and I laughed.

                After a second, he laughed too, and then we were sitting on a park bench with churros in hand. We had taken a walk after the boys of One Direction went on a talk show, and now we were just hanging out with a snack from a cart in Washington, DC. Seriously, this was awesome — I don't think I've ever felt so relaxed back in London.

                "Wow," I said, frowning as I realized I had eaten all my churro. "Mine's done!"

                "Food flies when it's good," Liam chimed.

                I glanced at him. "What?"

                "I made it up," He shrugged. "It makes sense, don't you think?"

                I bit my lip. "If I say yes, will you give me a bite of your churro?"

                After a few more minutes of begging, Liam Payne decided to share his churro, and I got to take a bite out of it before grinning up at him. He finished it off, and I had an odd feeling that somebody was watching us. Glancing around, I saw nobody, and shook off the feeling quickly as we got up and started walking back towards the hotel.

We were staying at a hotel for the night considering we had two free days in between shows, which meant all of us packed into three hotel rooms. I was currently sharing a room with Mr. Josh Devine and Niall Horan because for some odd reason I had been paired with the boys. Since I was the only girl on the entire tour, though, I was getting used to it.

"I want to get room service tonight," I said out loud, more thinking of the idea then actually suggesting it. "And cheesecake."

                Liam chuckled. "That's one hundred percent possible."

                We high-fived.

~*~

                "You're being a bit unreasonable, don't you think?" Liam said into the phone, clearly annoyed — his hand was rubbing is forehead, and his back was hunched over as he sat on the chair.

                I stayed in the doorway, half hiding behind it and half watching the scene with wide eyes. I could hear Danielle scream from the doorway, and suddenly Liam stood up and I hid behind the door. Cautiously, I peeked behind the door again and looked to see him balancing the laptop on his lap with one hand and his other hand on the phone as he tried to calm Danielle down.

                Going on my tippy-toes, I looked over his head to see what he was looking at — a gossip website. Once I looked closer, my eyes widened even more, and I held in a gasp. There was a picture of me and Liam laughing on the park bench and another photo beside it of me taking a bite of his churro as he laughed at me. At the top, in bold letters, read: Mikayla and Liam getting comfy?

                I shook my head and heard Liam trying to tell Danielle that she should believe him as I backed out and away. Eyes wide, I walked silently down the hall, past my room, and straight to the elevator. I was starting to rethink my entire decision of whether or not to fight for him, knowing now that I didn't want to be the reason the couple split up.