Chapter 8

I wait for my new foster 'parents' to pick me up. I sit in the chairs I usually sit in while everyone buzzes around doing there things, like finding kids new homes so they can no longer suffer the last, but its the same every time. I see Paul come in and walk towards me. When he comes around, a little girl is right in front of him. She has lose brown curls, brown eyes, and a bit of freckles. She seems to be wearing princess pajamas and is holding a teddy bear. My guess is that she's around five or six.

"You can sit here next to that other girl over there. You see her?" Paul says. She nods. "Okay then, I'll be right back."

The little girl hesitantly walks over to me and sits in the chair next tome. She looks scared.

"Hi," I says.

"Hi," she says a bit sheepish.

"What's your name?," I ask.

"Spencer," she says. "Whats your name?"

"My real name is Beatrice, but just call me Tris," I say.

"Okay," she says smiling.

"Come on Beatrice," Paul says. "Time to go."

"Bye Spencer, it was nice meeting you," I say. "And its okay, your parents will come get you."

"Bye," she says and smiles a little.

I walk out with Paul where my new foster 'parents' are waiting for me. They smile, but their smile looks fake, almost like a person who hates his job smile.

"Hi Beatrice, I'm your new foster mom, Susan," says the lady with a bit of big hips and blonde short hair.

"And i'm your new foster dad, Ryan," the man wearing kakis and has light brown hair says.

I don't say anything, not to be rude, but I think they are a bit too perky.

"Okay then, well bye Beatrice," Paul says."I'll see you at the end of the week." 

"Okay then, shall we go?," Susan says.

I follow them to the car and Ryan helps me with my carry-on. I hop in the back seat and from the window in the building I see Spencer crying while Paul hugs her. He tells her something and she smiles a little. She follows him to a room and he walks out back into his office. The car starts moving and slowly the building starts fading away.

We arrive at their house. They have an average looking house, same as the ones in the neighborhood, a beige color with a white outline. Their grass seems to be healthy and there is a big tree in their front lawn. I get out of the car. Ryan already has my carry-on in his hand and Susan leads me inside. 

"I'll show you to your room," Susan says. I follow her down a hall to a room on the left. It's small, but good enough for me.

"Alright, well i'll let you get settled in," Susan says and closes the door behind her. 

There are no bars on the window this time and the room seems the same as always, bed, drawer, nightstand. I start putting my cloths in the drawers. I forgot I had the slingshot with me. I hid it under my cloths on the bottom drawer. I  lay the bed. I'm a bit tired so I decide to take a quick nap.

*********************************

"Beatrice, wake up," someone says.

"Hmm," I groan. I open my eyes a little. It'sSusan.

"I'm going to the super market, i'll be back shortly," she says.

"Okay," I say tiredly.

"Ryan's going to be here okay, so if you need anything, he'll be right there okay," she says and walks out.