Chapter 23

"Oh.My.Gods. I can't believe he said that to her? He really asked her if she was pregnant?" I asked, barely containing my laughter.

"Yeah, it was horrifying. It was like watching a train wreck. She of course slapped him in the face despite the fact that he had just saved her life." She giggled.

"What's next?" I asked eagerly, we had been sitting in the deserted armory sharing stories, bonding, if you will. I had told some of my sadder stories where as, per my request, she was spilling all of Percy's embarrassing stories. I know what you're thinking, that she's a horrible girlfriend but in reality, this wasn't going to kill him and she was actually an amazing girlfriend.

They had been through it all, as she was telling me, they had eachother's backs. Her telling me a few of his secrets was not gonna piss him off too much, they had been together for too long for that.

"Gods I forgot," She suddenly gasped.

"What?" I questioned.

"One time, he was fighting Connor Stoll, you know, one of the Hermes twins, and Connor sliced open his pants." She laughed.

"That's not that bad," I chuckled.

"He was wearing PINK HELLO KITTY BOXERS." She roared with laughter.

"You're kidding!" I shrieked. We were both holding our stomachs trying to compose ourselves.

"And then there was the time we were on a quest, in the middle of nowhere and he had to use the bathroom. There were no buildings, we were in a forest."

"Well that's not that bad, he's a guy, they're very low maintenance." I trailed on until I saw Annabeth's face.

"No. no? NO!" I gasped and laughed harder than before.

"I know!" Annabeth laughed with me.

"Ewwwwwww." I choked out between laughs.

"You have no idea." She chuckled.

"Next." I pushed, thoroughly grossed out.

"I can't tell you this one," She suddenly got serious.

"What? Yes you can, I'm his sister, I can take it." I urged her.

"He would probably kill me. It's not good for your ears either." She said, making me more curious.

"What? You can't do that. You can't just mention it and then tell me to forget about it. I'm 15, it's not much but tell me please." I begged.

"Okay, here it goes, Percy walked in on Chiron-"

"STOP!" I screamed,"Nope, no thank you, no images please and thank you." I said quickly putting a hand over Annabeth's mouth.

"I told you," She smiled. This was cool, I never had a sisterly figure in my life, it was Sammy and then Percy, but now I had Annabeth.

"Annabeth," I said, after we had both calmed down,"You're pretty cool." 

"You're not so bad yourself." She smiled.

"It's hard for me to make connections with people because of how I was brought up, you know?" I didn't know why I was telling her this stuff but I knew I could trust her.

"I get it," She said softly, putting a hand over mine in a sisterly gesture,"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"No, I want to," I assured her, "I need to get it out," She nodded and I continued. "I was always moving from home to home, fighting and generally causing trouble. I never felt in place, but I guess now I know why."

"Now you know, isn't this a lot cooler of an explanation than some mortal problem?" She asked.