Chapter 4

Ok im going to try and make this long. Just so you know im just making stuff up here. im pretty sure there arent people who capture runaways. or maybe there are. i honestly dont know so sorry if im being innacurate. ok so here it goes

***************************************************************************************************************

"Go!Go! Go!" Marcy whispered. Social services came earlier than they were supposed to. All the kids in our makeshift neighborhood scrambled to quickly clean our sleeping bags and hide. Marcy and I were hiding behind a dumpster.

It was 3 of them. This was weird it was usually just a car that came passing through, but this time, the three women were walking around, as if looking for something. Our little "neighborhood" was behind am abandoned building. It was just 17 of us ranging from 13-18, we were like a family, none of us actually had a real family, we all came here to escape the foster homes. We called it 'paradise' even though it was far from it.

We had an area for a fire we used to cook, usually things we found in the dumpsters, and sometimes we would all pool the money we collected together and order a pizza. Everyone was really close except for me, the others had tried to reach out to me in the past but I never wanted to have a relationship with anyone. The only person I was somewhat close with was Marcy, and I was about to leave her.

"Yooohooo?" Said one of the women. " Anybody home?" Said the other. " Of course she's here, I can smell her." SHE.

Was my mind playing tricks on me or did they say 'she' . And what's with the whole 'smelling' thing? this was definetly weird.

"Come out Come out wherever you are!" said the one in the middle. Flicking her tail. WAIT. TAIL. Calm down Evi, you're definetly freaking out. Why was this always happening. I had finally gotten over the trauma of the little boy with the grey eyes and the orange t-shirt, then one minute I saw one eyed men hanging around McDonalds. Then I heard whispering voices coming from the river. What the hell was going on?!

All of a sudden all three were naked, but in a way they weren't. They were wearing skin colored saggy leather clothes, but it kept glitching like a broken computer screen. They smiled- no they bared their teeth, no their fangs. Ok I was totally freaking out.

"Come on sweetie! I can smell you, you smell important, like one of the big three. Naughty, Naughty, breaking their promises again!" One of them sneered. Ok Evi they could be talking about anyone, not me. Not the simple wavy black haired, sea green eyed, 5'6, 14year old. Wait. Could they be talking about me? A lot of weird things were happening to me lately. Eh why not.

I looked at them again, determined to see them for what they really were. I gasped and quickly put my hand over my mouth. (A/N see the link ------->) They were horrific, in all my life I wouldnt be able to remove that image out of my mind. Their tails were fiery whips, and their claws were long and sharp. Needless to say I almost peed my pants.

"Oh here you are sweetie!" One of them exclaimed. All of a suden the dumpster that was sheilding me and Marcy was lifted and flung forward exposing me and Marcy. I looked at Marcy and she wasn't as alarmed as I was.

"Jeez, they've never been this pushy." She said. HOW COULD SHE NOT BE FLIPPING OUT?!?!?

I looked up and saw the menacing creature, I didn't know what it was, glaring down at me. It grabbed the front of my shirt and flung me out in the open. I almost hit the, still hot from this morning, coals from our fire. I scrambled to stand up but one of the creatures whipped me with their fiery tails. Imagine the worst pain you have felt in your life, then multiply that by a thousand. The pain in my leg was so terrible that I completely blacked out, but not before seeing a flying horse. Of course I was about to pass out when i saw a flying horse. Yup I was definetly losing my mind.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

LATER AT CAMP HALFBLOOD

My eyes felt like they were glued together. When I finally opened my eyes all I saw was a bright light. All of events that happened in 'paradise' suddenly rushed back. Those women/monsters with the whips for tails. Oh my god! My leg! Wait, I couldn't even feel my leg. What happened to my leg? Was it amputated? Hold on, I couldn't feel anything. Ok so I was definetly dead. "Am I in heaven?" I croaked. Wow my voice sounded like I was asleep for a long time.

"No young one, but you would have died if Percy hadn't helped you." A voice chuckled.

I was slowly getting my vision back. I started to see fuzzy shapes, then colors and shapes. When I saw clearly I gasped. In front of me I saw a man, maybe early 40s he had a full bushy beard, but not only that, he was in a wheelchair. I always felt weird around people in wheelchairs, afraid of saying something stupid.

Next to the man was a young guy, who I assumed was Percy. He looked around 16-17. He had messy black hair, just like mine, and our eyes were the same. Really weird, I had never met anyone with the same eyes as me.

"Hi." He said awkwardly, "How are you feeling?"

"Um good, I guess. And thanks for saving me." I replied. This was sooo weird,"I know you guys are going to think I'm crazy but before I knocked out I saw a flying horse." I said really quickly squeezing my eyes shut waiting for hem to laugh or sedate me because I sounded so ridiculous.

"Oh ya that was me" He said grinning, "Well that was me on the horse."

"What the hell were those things attacking me?!" I exclaimed surprised that they were being so nonchalant about the whole situation.

"Oh that, we'll those were the furies, " he said while looking up at the sky nervously, "but we call them the kindly ones, names tend to have power around here."

"What did they want from me?" I asked

"Well, they usually don't go for people, just Demigods who've stolen something, or demigods who they think have stolen something." He said as if knowing from experience.

"What the hell is a demigod!?" I shouted confused, and a bit embarrassed from his comment about stealing things.

"We'll I should probably let the video explain, drink this and rest up a little bit so I can take you to the big house to watch the video." Said the man in the wheelchair, "I'm Chiron by the way." He handed me a drink that looked like apple juice with ice cubes in it. When I drank I expected to taste ice cold apple juice, but I tasted warm chocolate chip cookies. I stopped drinking and almost spit the drink out.

"What did you taste?" Asked Percy curiously.

"Chocolate chip cookies." I said hesitantly, I saw him furrow his brow for a second and then he quickly walked out, I wondered what could I have done to make him react that way.

Whatever who cares, I don't even know him

I started to feel drowsy when Chiron spoke up."I'm sorry dear I didn't catch your name,"

"Evelyn," I said sleepily, "Evelyn Jackson." I heard Chiron gasp but at that second I fell Into a deep sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok thanks for reading, in actually happy with how this one turned out. I'm thinking of making the next chapter in Percy's point of view, so tell me what you think.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
ADD
And all that jazz