Chapter 20

"So I see you learned how to use my gift," 

"What the?" I gasped. 

"It's a weapon, it's programmed to protect you. Hephaestus made it for me, but I didn't have use for it anymore." He smiled. 

"Okay-" I said and fainted.

********************************************************************

Fainted. I seem to do that a lot huh? 

"Wake up, Evelyn wake up," I heard a soft voice say.

"Hmmm," I mumbled, my eyes still glued shut.

"Evelyn please, we don't have much time," The voice whispered urgently. That got my attention, I opened my eyes and was shocked to see the person standing there.

"Adam?" I gasped.

"Shh, not too loud, your brother and Sam just left, but they'll be back soon once they know you're awake," he said hurridely,"We need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you," I said and turned away from him.

"I know, and you have every right to be mad, and I hate myself everyday for what happened to you on that night. I was upset, I had just had a fight with my mother. That's no excuse for what I said, but you ran away before I could take it back. And that happened. And I feel like shit knowing you hate me." He said.

"I don't hate you," I said.

"But you won't talk to me. I left you notes, I tried to reach you but you keep avoiding me." He said confused.

"You've been the one avoiding me, I haven't heard anything from you. And what do you mean note? I haven't reveived any notes." I said.

"I've tried to reach you so many times, I knew your brother wouldn't let me near you so I sent people to give you notes, I even left one at your doorstep." He said.

"That doesn't make any sense,"I was so confused.

"Maybe someone doesn't want you getting those notes." Adam said slowly. Then it clicked, it was Percy.

"Percy!" I exclaimed angrily.

"They're here, I got to go," He said and ran out the back of the infirmary.

"Evelyn! You're awake!" Percy Exclaimed.

"Ya, I'm up." I said, I saw Sammy come up right behind him.

"Hello sleeping beauty." Sam chuckled.

"How long was I out?" I questioned.

"Well Percy's powers really exhausted your's, and you're just starting out," He started out.

"Just tell me!" I shouted annoyed.

"2 years." Percy said, dead serious. 

What? 2 years, they had to be joking, but the look on their faces confirmed it. In fact Percy did look a bit older, he had some facial hair, and he seemed taller.

"No, nononononono," I started panicking, "This can't be happening!" I felt myself starting to cry.

All of a sudden both boys busted into laughter,"You've been out for 20 minutes, relax," Percy laughed, eyes slightly teary.

"Sorry Evi, it was his idea," Sammy laughed and waved a hand over Percy's face, removing all evidence of age.

"You two suck, like major suckage." I said annoyed and got up.

"Okay let's get you back to the cabin," Said Sam, they both helped me up and began talking like old friends. It was good to see my brother and my best friend getting along.

"So, you to seem friendly," I said.

"Well, after you fainted, I realized we both were just looking for your best interest and well being, so why fight when we can both annoy the shit out of you?" Percy grinned. Jeez, it was 2 against 1 now, so unfair.

We neared the cabin when I remembered what Adam said about the notes. "Hey guys,"

"Yeah?" they both looked up.

"I haven't been getting any notes or anything right?" I tried to seem innocent.

"Who would  be sending you notes?" Percy got protective within seconds.

"No one, just maybe Hannah," I covered up.

"Oh, no," He laughed, "But if anyone was getting notes from her it would probably be me."

I rolled my eyes and entered the cabin,"Hey sam, do you want to come in?" I asked and looked for Percy's reaction, he seemed fine. I looked at Sam.

"Um, I think I better get going, I'll see you later faintypants." He tried to keep it ligt but it seemed like he was nervous about something. He quickly left and I just stood there dumbfounded at his behavior.

"Come inside, its almost time for dinner." said Percy.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

*Few days later*

"Percy I'm going to get food with or without you!" I yelled annoyed that Percy was taking his time getting ready, his girlfriend was coming to camp. 

"Fine leave without me! Be careful and stay by Sam." He shouted. The change in his demeanor towards Sam had changed drastically in the past few days. I guess he realized Sammy was just another protective brother to share the burden of me.

"Okay, see you." I shouted back.

I walked down towards the dining area, I was fiddling with Sam's necklace when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. 

"Sa-"

"Evelyn!" It wasn't Sam, it was Adam.

"Adam, what are you doing! you know we cant see each other!" I whisper yelled

"Well when you don't read my notes it's hard to communicate any other way." He scoffed.

"I didn't get any! And I don't  think it's Percy because he's as clueless as they get." I argued.

"Well then maybe it was Sam." He said.

"No! Sam would never do that!" I was annoyed he would accuse Sam of anything like that.

"Okay, we'll test it. I'll leave another note when everyone's eating and if it's not there when you get back it's one of them."

"How do we know which one it is?" I questioned.

"It's simple, whoever excuses themselves from dinner before campfire first."

"Okay, that makes sense,"I said, still unsure,"You have to get out of here though, Percy's coming." 

And with that he was off and was replaced by an unsuspecting Percy.

"I can't wait until you meet my girl Evelyn. She's brave, smart, wise and she kicks ass." I smiled of his nonobjective description of his girlfriend. "And she's hot as hell," He grinned, there it was.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

 There ya go! I'll try to update sooner