Chapter 21

We walked down to the dining area and before I could blink a blonde blur came and tackled Percy to the floor.

"I missed you so much!" She said while hugging Percy tightly. 

"I missed you too baby," He laughed. He got up while still aattached to her. "Annabeth, this is my sister-"

"Evelyn! I know you told me, it's nice to meet you, really, I've heard good things." She smiled, I was still unsure whether I liked her or not, but she was dating my brother so I would have to get used to it.

"Hey," I said and raised my hand in a half wave.

"Come on let's go eat," She said and grabbed Percy's hand.

We reached our table and Annabeth, to my surprise sat with us, there was a strict stick to your table rule, she clearly wasn't going to mind it. We got up and gave the best piece of food to our godly parent. I did also, but grudgingly.

"So Evelyn, you got a crush on anyone?" Annabeth smiled suggestively. Percy stiffened and glared at Annabeth,"What? Touchy subject I guess." 

"Yeah, I'd rather not answer that one," I said and looked down on my plate, did I have a crush? I still had feelings for Adam but I wasn't sure how I was feeling, he said he tried to reach me but I never saw any proof. Which reminded me to keep an eye on Percy and make sure he wasn't the one taking the notes. I knew it wasn't Sammy because he just wasn't like that. But just to double check I would keep and eye on him too.

"So Evelyn, how do you like camp?" Annabeth asked after a while of silence.

"It's pretty great, I have Percy and the food is pretty good," I smiled.

"How are you classes? If you want I could totally tutor you in Greek, I did it for this seaweed brain and he learned. I'm sure you're a lot smarter," she laughed. Her bubbly personality was contagious but you could tell she could become serious without a moment's notice.

"I think I'm alright, thank you though," I smiled at her offer.

"Well you can come to me if you need anything, it can be hard being close to only boys, you need a girl to help you out sometimes," She said kindly,"I'm here for you," 

My heart warmed at her kindness, I was happy for Percy, he got a good one. We continued the mindless chatter  and finally finish the food.

"That was good," Annabeth smiled after finishing her food,"I missed camp food. I'm going to go back to my table, I'll see you later."

When she left Percy sighed dreamily, I'd never seen him like that. I wondered if Adam was like that about me?

"Soooooo, isn't she amazing?" He grinned.

"Ya, she's pretty cool," I said.

"You mean she's fantastic." He smiled.

"Uh, ya sure," I smiled, "She's really good for you Percy."

"Why so?" He asked curiously.

"Because you're so goofy and funny and kind, and she's smart and confident and balances out your silliness," I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you could say she balances me out," He smiled, "But she was never this fun and nice before, I softened her up," He winked and I laughed. I thought of who balanced me out and thought of Sam, when I looked at where Sam was sitting I saw him get up and walk out of the dining area.

"I'm going to go see what Sammy's up to, I'll be right back," I said.

I followed Sammy quietly, I was 30 yards away from him so he couldn't hear me or sense me with his God powers or something. He was walking towards our cabin and I frowned. What was he doing? No no no this can't be happening. It couldn't be him, but there was only one way to find out.

I saw him climb the steps to the cabin and he grabbed something from under the welcome mat. How could he have known it was there? 

He put it in his pocket and turned around to walk back down the stairs.  I couldn't move, I knew I should have hid or something but I was in shock, why would he do that, that wasn't like him at all, sure he was protective but he would never mess with my personal stuff. He finally saw me standing there.

"Evelyn," He choked out. 

"Care to explain just what you're doing?" I asked, venom laced in my voice.

"I- it's just-I mean-" He stuttered uncharacteristically.

"Just save it, I never thought you would be the one to do this to me," I turned and walked away, but he ran after me.

"Listen Evi, I was just trying to protect you from that asshole," He said quickly chasin after me.

I whipped around,"Protect me? Protect me?  I can do fine on my own, you know that, you don't need to be my protecter Sam, you need to just be there for me!" I shouted angrily.

"Well it's kind of hard to get out of the habit of protecting you when that's my job!" He screamed.

"Well I don't want that to be your job! I dont' want you snooping through my stuff, " I argued.

"I'm sorry, it's hard, I'll give you the stupid notes, I didn't read them, I promise, but if they're from that idiot boyfriend of yours I suggest you throw them away," He said.

"Don't tell me what to do, and yes it's from a boy that's a friend, I don't know what we are anymore but I am going to read these notes whether you approve or not because you don't run my life." I groaned irritatedly and ran back up to the cabin. 

I slammed the door behind me and sat on my bed thinking. I heard a knock on the door. I walked to it and  opened it.

"I thought you might want the rest," He said sheepishly, and handed me a stack of letters. My eyes widened.

"Thanks." NOT. 

I closed the door and took a breath. Time to start reading.

_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_))_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)__)_)_)_)_)_)))__)_)_)_)_)

Hey ya'll What's up, thank you to those who are commenting and voting and showing support <3 you da real MVP. lolll anyway, who else is watching FIFA? I'm pretty obsessed at the moment, I can't choose from my favorite teams, but my #1 is Brazil. What team are you guys?? Comment!