Chapter 16

They say when you have a near death experience your life flashes by. But I saw something different. Way different.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*PERCY'S POV*

"I should go after her," I said when Evelyn ran out.

"No son just let her be, she's a female, she needs time." He said and sighed.

"Dad, I get where she's coming from but, she can't keep acting the way she's acting. She has a BOYFRIEND for Gods' sake!" I shouted, my anger getting the best of me.

"Listen Percy, there comes a time when you need to let her go, she has lived her life without a blood family, just let her go and experience things for herself." He said all high and mighty, I respected my father but he was just talking crazy.

"Dad I have to go after her! You clearly don' t understand your children if you think she needs space. You'd think being a god would let you be there for your children but I guess not." I said, I probably crossed all sorts of lines but at this point I didn't care, Evelyn's arrival just brought back all the feelings of resentment I had for my dad.

"Percy-"

"No Dad, just don't" I interupted before he could say anything.

"Percy! I understand how you feel about this but I will not tolerate this insolence. I understand you feel strongly about this but I am your father as well as a God. And you will treat me as such. I forbid you from going after your sister. You will not leave this cabin for the remainder of the evening!" He shouted furiously and suddenly he was gone.

"NO!" I tried as hard as I could but I couldn't leave my cabin, I realized he had cast a spell on me, "I HATE YOU POSEIDON!" I screamed. I finally gave up struggling and slid down the wall I was leaning on in defeat. I put my head in my hands and felt exausted.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(1 hour later)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

I woke up with a start. I had a horrific dream that Evelyn was getting attacked. Now most of you will be saying that it's just a dream. But those words aren't comfort for a demigod. Our dreams usually end up being a reality, past, present,or future. These things were never certain, but what was certain was that my sister was in trouble.

"EVELYNNNN!!!! HELP GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! POSEIDON SHE'S IN TROUBLE!" I screamed on the top of my lungs, I banged the door until my hands bled, and even when I couldn't use my hand I rammed it with my shoulder, I tried breaking the windows but nothing worked.

Poseidon's enchantment even muffled the noise from my cabin, other campers passing by didn't even notice my screams.

I screamed until my throat was hoarse. I knew my sister was in deep shit, I could feel her fear, her pain, I can't describe it but it probably has something to do with the fact that we're blood related on our mom's side too, not just dad's.

I could feel her dying, I collapsed on the floor a bloody, exhausted mess. Tears poured down my cheeks shamelessly. My only sister, was dying and I couldn't help her. I felt her pain so fiercly I ran to the bathroom and heaved what was left of dinner.

"POSEIDON I CURSE YOU!!!!" I screamed at his statue. Then I got an idea, I pulled out anaklusmos, or riptide, my sword and swung at the statue of the man I once admired.

When the celestial bronze from my sword collided with the gold from his statue I felt a rip go throughout my entire body, then I crumpled to the floor and fell unconcious.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

*POSEIDON'S POV*

"Zeus! Please I beg of you brother, my child is dying, let me help her!" I shouted at my brother. Zeus, his wife Hera, Apollo, and Athena were all sitting on their thrones, them being the only ones who had time for this informal meeting.