28 - First Date

[A/N: INCOMING FLUFF CHAPTER WOWOWO 

Oh and listen to 'Promise' by Jimin while reading this chapter!]

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

-

The question caught you off guard. Originally, you were walking with Jimin to the exit, but you suddenly froze, causing him to stop walking and furrow his brows, waiting for your response.

"You're sure you want me to be your girlfriend?" You ask, hesitant. There were so many other girls that were chasing after him and would give their everything to be his girlfriend.

But instead, he wanted you.

Jimin nodded and eyed you carefully, watching your every move.

To be honest, you would never admit it to anyone, but you always made up scenarios with Jimin in your head, with him as your boyfriend.

You always imagined the walks on the beach, dates, carnival rides, and just generally time you'd spend together with him, all smiles and joy.

You hadn't realized how much you'd liked and wanted him until now, with his eyes alight with hope and yours furrowed in confusion.

But, what came out of your mouth was different than what you were planning to say.

"I-I need time to think about it," You say, sounding unsure. You wanted to mentally slap yourself. Why couldn't you just say the word 'yes'?

Some of the hope in Jimin's eyes dimmed at your response, but he nodded slowly. "Okay..." He said, as he grabbed your arm and started walking with you again. "But one thing," he grinned at you. 

"You have to let me take you on one date."

-

"A carnival?" You asked in disbelief, looking around to see the glee on children's faces as they spun around merrily on the rides. They were all squealing in joy, causing your heart to soften a bit,

Jimin just shrugged and grinned at you. "I was planning on going to the countryside, but that could be for another time," he said, wriggling his brows.

You giggled and slapped him lightly on the arm for his silliness. Then, the two of you entered the amusement park. 

By now, it was starting to get dark, with hints of pink and yellow still remaining in the sunset. It was truly a beautiful time to visit such areas, with the glimmering carnival lights guiding you.

Jimin noticed your gazes in awe and smiled to himself. Then, he grabbed your hand and held it as the two of you made your way past the crowd. You blushed lightly at the contact but didn't withdraw, making Jimin happier.

You intertwined your fingers in his, as Jimin pointed towards a stall and dragged you there. Tons of people were surrounding the small booth, so naturally, you were curious as to see what was inside.

Holding Jimin's hand tightly so that the two of you wouldn't get separated, you pushed and slid your way through to the front of the booth.