11 | Bitter & Cold

"You don't want to know." 

Your eyes bore into Jimin's cold, relentless ones, feeling dumbfounded. 

A pang of mistrust and anger hits you. What did he mean by "You don't want to know"? You save his sorry ass and this is what you get in return?

"I'm not taking that as an answer," You hiss, putting your hands on your hips as you continue glaring at Jimin. He simply looks away, grabs his phone and goes on it, expression agitated and annoyed.

But you weren't giving up. You needed to know what he had done.

"Well, you're not getting one," He growls, rubbing the back of his head, wincing. You were about to go help him, in any form, but stop yourself. You're not doing anything until you find out what this man is hiding.

"What are we doing now, keeping secrets? What are we, primary students?" You clip, eyes narrowing. His stubbornness stops him from facing you again as he still faces away, jaw taught. "If you don't tell me, then I'll leave." Your words hang in the air, leaving a heavy and unsatisfying feeling.

In the reflection through the large living room window, you can see his eyes. They soften for a second, and he looks in your direction through the mirror. You can see the loneliness and guilt swirling in his orbs, but you refuse to be swayed and stand your ground.

Finally, Jimin sighs and turns to you, shuffling a bit. "I... I'm not who you think I am, Seon Y/N," He starts and hesitates. "You don't want to know this side of me. Please, don't question it more. End of story." Jimin huffs out, as though the words were painful to say.

But you didn't take this information as well as he anticipated, as his words merely angered you more.

" 'I'm not who you think I am?' What is this? Some cliche movie? I gave you the chance to be honest with me, and you slammed that door in my face, so fine." You scoff, whirling around to grab your purse. "I'm leaving."

Letting the impulsive side of you take over with stubbornness and rage, you put on your shoes and storm out of his house, not looking back. A part of your heart tingles, remembering he's hurt and tired.

Whatever. He's a grown man and can take care of himself.

What did he mean "I'm not who you think I am"? That just made me more desperate for answers. And I didn't like being angered or challenged. I am a strong independent woman. 

You furiously press the buttons on the lift, watching the door close miserably to find that Jimin either is still in too much shock or doesn't care enough about you to come out. It makes you feel a bit bitter, but then again, you had chosen to leave.

Treading into the cold night, you regret not bringing a jacket with you. It's freezing at this hour of the night, and the emptiness and silence leaves you with a feeling of unease as you struggle to adjust your shirt to make yourself feel warmer.

You consider calling a cab, but remember that you don't have much money on you, as the fare ride from the hospital to Jimin's place had used up the last of your dimes. Cursing the idiot, you decide that walking around to find a nearby place to rest while you sort out what to do would be best.

| 3RD PERSON POV |

In the night, a girl walked alone, lost, wandering, looking for a place to go. 

A man follows her close behind, but not close enough to alert her, until he paces right behind her and puts a hand lightly on her shoulder, making her jump and turn around.

"Hello,"  the man says, smiling.

| JIMIN'S POV |

"I'm leaving."  You had said, grabbing your purse as you stormed out of my apartment. I couldn't help but admire your legs as you walked by, a smirk on my face, trying to hide the guilt if you were to turn back. She has nice legs.

I shake my head, trying to shake off the thoughts. She's merely a translator working in my department, and it should develop to nothing more. I don't care about her, I try thinking, trying to convince myself.

At first, the loneliness and guilt were only barely present, as I gave my full attention to the boring and mediocre show playing on the TV. I was watching the show, eating the pizza I had ordered for her when I realized that I had been watching the show for an hour already, but still had no idea what the plot was.

The guilt was crashing onto me now, as I kept replaying the scene over and over in my head, thinking of all the other things I could've said, and how I could've handled the situation better.

I couldn't get these thoughts of her out of my head.

I groan aloud and press the button to turn the TV off, annoyed by the soap opera. I close my eyes, ignoring the light stinging in my head as I let my thoughts take over.

I knew I wouldn't be able to lie to myself much longer. She was one of the only girls to truly capture my attention. She was pretty, of course, but it wasn't that. Her personality was what I was so desired in learning more about. 

From my short analysis, I could tell that she was tough and harsh, making most of my male employees steer clear out of her way. But, under that layer, there was a sweet girl, who cared about others with a kind will.

Her tinkles of laughter were not fake and plastic, but real and genuine, as her whole face would brighten up so much that my heart would hurt. I would do anything to make her smile more, but it was something that she rarely did around me, as I always seemed to say the wrong things.

These thoughts occupied my brain, and I finally let them swarm over me as the pain of letting go of her hit me harder than I expected. A gush of wind blew through the opened window, and I shivered, grabbing my jacket and looking outside.

Winters in Seoul were harsh and cold, something most foreigners didn't like.

And Y/N hadn't brought a jacket with her, so she would be freezing by now.

The more I thought about it, the more worried I became. The time was also present to me, revealing that it was already 1 am. It wasn't safe for a pretty girl like her in this neighborhood, especially at this time.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I needed to find her.