21 | Love Hurts

Deep into the passionate makeout, a set of loud knocks on the door startles both you and Jimin out of your wits. You scramble off him, resulting in almost falling to the ground. You hurry to fix your blouse while Jimin fixes his hair, shooting you a worried glance. 

He clears his throat loudly before yelling to the person at the door. "Just a second!"

The experience that had brought both of you to an otherworldly experience, of course, had to end as all good things did. It had almost made you forget for a second that you were at work, and had just made out on his desk chair.

How cliche could your life get?

Quietly moving to an absent chair in the office, you continue to fix your hair, looking into your phone camera as you fix your clothes, hoping to look presentable enough. 

You decide that your bun is now hopeless, so you tug on the hair tie to let your hair loose. It falls down in a beautiful wave, making Jimin stare in awe before he mouths an "are you ready?". You make sure your hair covers the fresh hickeys he'd just given you before nodding.

Jimin takes a few quick strides to the door, revealing an awkwardly standing Lee Daehyung, whose gaze is fixed on a spot in the ground. He holds a stack of documents in his arms, and as Jimin greets him, he walks into the room.

"Mr. Jung wants you to sign these," Daehyung says, hurriedly passing the papers over to Jimin before finally moving his piercing gaze over to you.

His eyes glance you up and down before an unreadable expression passes through his face. He stands stiff for a few seconds before abruptly moving, looking away from you with a disappointed like look.

"You guys can carry on with your session now," He mumbles, so low you could barely hear the words. Without staying for another second, he hangs his head low before bitting his lip and practically running out of Jimin's office.

Crap. Was the first thing that comes to your mind as you catch your lower lip between your teeth, feeling ashamed. How long had Daehyung been standing there, and how much had he heard?

You recall the moments where he seemed so shy with you when he had been even hesitant to touch or hold your hand. Remembered that day at the ice cream parlor where he had acted more than affectionate towards you as a friend. 

You mentally facepalm and make a face of horror as you put the pieces together, surprised you couldn't see it before. 

But that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was that he had just caught you in the act with Jimin, while he felt something for you. That would explain why he was so abrupt to leave.

Crap. Crap. Crap. This is bad.

"Daehyung!" You yelled, shocking Jimin as you shot out of your chair, running to the door.

You turn to Jimin one last time before you leave. "I'll be back," you say breathily before running out of the room to chase after your best friend, leaving the person who you hadn't realized you had fallen for behind.

3rd person's P.O.V.

Daehyung sprints down the hall, feeling his greatest weakness spring into his eyes. The tears muddled with his vision, making it hard to seem especially while he was running. He was biting onto his lip so hard he was scared it would bleed.

But not like he cared now. As thoughts of you and him sprung into his thoughts, he chokes back a sob, dashing into the kitchen lounge, covering his mouth. He couldn't believe you could do something like that to him.