6 | Failed Apology

It's been a week since Jimin exploded at you, and you're still not on speaking terms yet. During all the meetings and tasks you've been stuck working on together, he hadn't acknowledged your existence and treated you as though you were invisible.

It hurt, but you knew it was mostly your fault.

You told Minhee everything that had happened, and your best friend had analyzed the issue to the best she could, and summed up what you would need to do in a few easy steps if you didn't want to get fired.

1. Stop hating on him, and try to just ignore him. You don't want to get fired.

2. Next time you want to do anything, ask Jiyeon first. It's more worth it than having big consequences. [ A/N: Jiyeon is the assistant in case Y'all forgot ]

3. And lastly, apologize to Jimin. He may have said some wrong things, but it was mostly your fault. You blamed him for things he didn't do and eavesdropped on his conversation. If the situation were reversed, you'd be mad too. 

It's been a long, dreary week, but you're still too big of a coward to confront him. The gossiping has died down a bit, but occasionally, you still get stares and whispers directed at you when you walk into your old department.

Thankfully, you managed to learn your role in this department, with the help of Jiyeon. Your job is now to finalize the documents that need to be signed by different customers/companies, which isn't much harder than your old job.

As a foreigner, you obviously know another language apart from Korean, and the documents required many translations, making you in charge of this area. It was boring, but at least it paid well.

On the other hand, Minhee and Hoseok really hit it off. They're no longer seen apart that much and are constantly laughing their heads off when they're around each other. You'd be lying if you said you weren't a little jealous of how smooth her life was going.

Jiyeon isn't that mean and stiff anymore. She's not exactly nice, but she's tolerable and you're finally starting to fit in a bit. So you were surprised when she agreed to arrange a time for you to meet with Jimin. To do what, she didn't ask. But you hope she didn't assume anything.

"Y/N" A voice called after a few knocks on your door.

"Come in," You acknowledge and in came Jiyeon. She didn't have a specific emotion plastered on her face as she gave you the news. "Mr. Park is ready to see you in 5 minutes." She says before walking out again, heels clicking on the wooden floor.

Drawing in a breath, you sigh. This was it. After this step, you would finally be able to relax and feel normal again.

The only obstacle was that you'd have to confront him, and if you didn't watch your mouth, you could get fired. 

Not wanting to make Jimin wait, you get up, and head towards his office, your steps hesitant and small. It was at the end of the hall, naturally, as he was the department head. Standing in front of his door for a couple minutes, you give yourself a mental pep talk before giving 3 steady knocks to his door.

"Come in," A weary voice was heard from the other side. You frown. It was quite a big contrast to the melodic voice Jimin usually talked in. Pushing the door open, you enter his office for the first time.

His office was unsurprisingly much bigger than yours, though yours was already quite huge. The interior design was spectacular, elegant yet weirdly comfortable. Jimin's dull gaze scanned you over and sighed as he gestured for you to take a seat on one of the couches.

 Jimin's dull gaze scanned you over and sighed as he gestured for you to take a seat on one of the couches

Jimin didn't look like what you had imagined him to be like. You had imagined him as intimidating and scary, professionally dressed, but the man sitting before you couldn't be more of the opposite.

He looked absolutely exhausted, and his shirt was coming unbuttoned again. There were wide, dark circles under his eyes, and overall gave off a vibe of stress.

"What is it that you want from me, Ms. Seon?" Jimin asked quietly, leaning farther into his chair, connecting his fingers as he put his hands under his chin. "Not an apology, I hope?"

You had to restrain yourself from snapping at Jimin. You were here to apologize, after all, and not start another war with him. Telling yourself it was his stress that was talking and not him, you drew in a breath.

"No," You sigh, trying to look as sincere as you could, though you felt anything but. "I'm here to apologize." Looking up at him and slowly gaining for confidence, you continue speaking. "I'm sorry for last time. I shouldn't have eavesdropped, and I know my excuses were pretty pathetic, but they're true."

An awkward minute passed while you sat there, playing with your fingers, looking down again. Jimin sighed loudly, breaking the silence. "Well, if that's all you have to say, Y/N, please get out."

Your eyes widen and you almost fall out of your seat in shock, as this time, you were unable to hold back your anger.

So, this man was not only going to casually decline your apology but be a huge dick as well? It's not like he had done everything right, he had also caused the fight and misunderstandings, and you trembled with rage as you thought of the mean things he had called you.

You feel the heat rising up your cheeks, and before you know it, water fills your eyes as your battling internally with rage. Unfortunately for you, you cried when you were mad.

Standing up abruptly, you take 3 big strides to the door before slamming it open and rushing out. Not wanting Jimin to see your weak side, you run off quickly, back to your office.

What happened to you? You were usually so strong. 

Why did you act so differently around him?

In your clumsiness, you trip and fall onto the floor right outside your office, blaming it on the tears that now blurred your vision, making it extremely hard to see. You stand up again, wincing at the pain throbbing in your right knee. Looking down, you saw that it was bruising lightly, showing that it would be very painful to deal with later on.

Whatever. That was for you to deal with later, but for now, you had to escape back to your office, so you could let the agonizing tears fall freely.

You tried to limp over to the door, but a pair of hands restrained you. His scent hit you, signaling you that it was the person you currently hated most and certainly did not want to see.

"Y/N...," His voice was still weary, but managed to try sounding more optimistic. He looks down at your knee. "You're hurt, let me help you." He tries to move you slightly so that the bruise would be visible, but you shake him off and slap his hand away.

"How dare you," you seethe, giving him the coldest glare you ever remember giving. "First, you call me such rude words, then, you reject my apology. What do you want from me?! You're the worst person I've ever met, so you stay away from me, Park Jimin." You screech, ticking off the things he's done with your fingers, not caring if anyone else saw.

You tried walking backward, away from him, but your step must have been too fast because you fell backward.

Jimin, always alert, ran forward to catch you, holding you tightly in his arms, eyes wary. Staying in this position for a couple of seconds, your heart misses a beat and then starts throbbing like crazy again. 

Not wanting to know why you felt this way, you shake yourself out of this trance before breaking free of his hold and storming into your room, slamming the door loudly in Jimin's face. Your knee is throbbing again, this time much more painfully, so you slump down onto the couch facing your desk and press your hands to your face.

What have you just done to your already trashy relationship with Jimin? 

Why did Jimin push you away, yet hold you closely, so dearly, just now?

And most importantly, why was your heart still beating rapidly from the few seconds that Jimin had been holding you close to him?

The shrill ringing of your phone sounds from inside your pocket, making you jump and remind yourself to change the crappy tune. You snatch it out and find the caller ID to be none other than Minhee, probably asking about the drama.

You grumble and mute your phone, putting it back into your pocket before burying your face in your arms. For the first time, you didn't feel like talking to her.

You needed to sort this out alone.