2 | Gold Department

"So, Min Jiyoo, you will be moving to the Red department. Mr. Kim is your department head. You will be his assistant from now on." Sungmin ordered, pointing towards Mr. Kim.

Jiyoo squealed as she sashayed over to Mr. Kim, better known as Namjoon. But you weren't supposed to call him that. 

The man called Namjoon couldn't look any less indifferent. He skims over the girl cooly before giving her a quick handshake, a bored expression plastered across his face. You felt your heart tingle in sympathy for the man, having her as his assistant.

"Lee Daehyung, you will be moving to the Blue department. Mr. Jung is your department head." Sungmin continued on, nodding at the quiet boy sitting near the corner of the office.

" Sungmin continued on, nodding at the quiet boy sitting near the corner of the office

He stands up quietly, and you hear a few of your female colleagues giggle. He radiated an aura of calmness, one that could instantly be felt by others around him. You may not know him well, but to say the least, his looks were killer and he seemed genuine. Walking over to Mr. Jung, he nods politely.

"Welcome to my department, Daehyung." Mr. Jung said, smiling. He seems to be nice, you thought, watching as the pair shook hands and took their seats again. Nodding to yourself, you make the decision that you want to get into the Blue Department the most.

"Kim Minhee, you will be moved to the Blue department as well. Mr. Jung will also be your department head."

You watch with delight as now two of the seemingly nicest people in this office are moved to the Blue Department. Your lips curve into a grin as you watch a lovestruck Minhee walk over the Mr. Jung, who she always referred to in your private chats as 'Hobi'. The girl obviously had a huge crush on him, but you never paid much attention to him.

Watching the said man crack a smile, you had to admit that his dimples were to die for.

"Seon Y/N," Sungmin calls out.

You stiffen in your seat slightly, once again refocused. You can practically feel your heart hammering in your chest, not expected to be called on this soon. But from the looks of it, you were going to change departments.

Please be the blue department, please be the blue department, please be the blue department!  You chant in your head, begging for anything to be with your best friend.

From across the room, you see that Minhee is smiling at you with the same hopeful expression, obviously hoping for the same thing. Crossing your fingers under the desk, you continue chanting quietly to yourself.

"Uh... Y/N, you will be moved to the Gold Department".

Your stomach drops. As though you were in a movie scene, people gasp dramatically, and start murmuring to themselves lightly. You couldn't believe it. After doing all that voodoo chanting, you still couldn't get into the department where your best, only friend was in?

You look up at Sungmin, waiting for him to tell you who your department head was. Deep inside, you felt some dread pool into your stomach as you looked over at all the people sitting beside the CEO, who were obviously people of importance.

Skimming over them, you saw a few department heads you recognized to be the ones of the Blue, Green, Red, Yellow...

Leaving one person.

"Your department head will be Mr. Park"

Fuck. 

Why me?! 

The room quiets down again, and you feel the piercing stares and hostile gazes of everyone on you. It hit you why everyone was acting like this. No one was ever moved to the Gold Department. No one.

"Ahem," Sungmin coughs, shooting you a glare for interrupting his session. "Is there an issue?"

Coming back to reality, your cheeks heat up as you stand and walk over with quick and hasty steps to Mr. Park. Looking up to shake his hand, it's then that you finally notice Jimin's expression.

 He was glaring at you like you were a piece of gum he had stepped onto, unwelcoming and mildly disgusted. You walked over to him quickly and held out a hand. He quickly shook it, then instantly grabbed his hand sanitizer and rubbed them on his hands, like he was trying to get rid of some infectious germs.

Sheesh man, it's not like I'm gonna be enjoying your company either,  you think, rolling your eyes as you glared at him.

You were getting envious glares from pretty much most of the employees in the room. Oh, how you wished you could be one of them, glaring at the new girl that got the promotion to THE Park Jimin.

The rest of the meeting passes in a blur, with you staring at a hole in the table, fidgeting nervously with your fingers. You can feel disgust rolling off Mr. Park, who is seated next to you. Just your luck, no one else was moved to the Gold Department.You were going to be the main topic of gossip for at least a week now.

Once Sungmin had dismissed everyone, you felt your stomach drop. People started whispering again, sending envious glares and confused stares in your general direction. The gossip was already starting, and it was spreading like wildfire.

You had good hearing, and while grabbing your purse to go, you caught some of the whispers that your employees were saying.

"I can't believe that ugly foreign girl got into the Gold Department! I've heard she can't even speak proper Korean!"

"Poor Mr. Park! Having to deal with that disgraceful girl. She couldn't even smile at him the whole time! How I wish I could've been promoted in her place!"

"Did she fuck the CEO? How could she have gotten into the Gold Department?"

You sigh and exit the room, a lump in your throat. Not being the type to show tears in the public's face, you hold them back, but it was hard. You were feeling really low, knowing that not only would you have to say bye to your friend that worked and talked with you 24/7, but you would also have to work under that rich asshole.

You had almost sat down at your old desk until you remembered that you would have to be moving your things. Everyone was whispering, chattering and laughing around you. Blocking out their chats, you pack your things and wonder who you hated more, the gossipers, Sungmin, or Park Jimin.

For now, recalling the dark expression on his face, you could confirm it was Jimin.

A lady takes quick steps up to you, standing before your desk and waving to catch your attention. You turn your head up miserably to look at her, about to snap a 'what do you want', but she starts talking before you get the chance.

"Hello," she said brightly, offering you a tight-lipped smile. "I'm here to notify you of where you will be moving. Please follow me." She walked off quickly, leaving you scrambling behind her. You groan mentally as you trip over a chair, making everyone turn to stare once again.

The assistant didn't even stop, just walking on. You glare holes into the back of her head as you scramble back up to follow her, not wanting to cause another scene.

Seems today would be even worse than you expected.