Chapter XXX

************** Simon's P.O.V *************

I feel her slip away out of my grasp.

"Katie?"

"Katie can you hear me?" I shout louder each time.

She's gone. She can't hear me and she can't see me. I don't think she can even feel my hand holding hers to show her I'm still here for her. It's all Phil's fault, if it wasn't for his stupid tablets she wouldn't be like this.

I lie her on the floor and check for a pulse. I can feel a slight faint pulse coming from her left wrist. I check to see if she is breathing, she isn't. What do I do? I can't ring for an ambulance because how do I explain that I gave her some dodgy pill my mate (that's gone into hiding because he's wanted for mutating genes) created? I mean it's not like the doctors are going to go 'oh don't worry we don't mind that you nearly killed a poor innocent child with some drug that your friend Phil - the guy who likes to mutate genes for a living - gave you' is it? There was only one thing I could do. I had to phone Phil.

I got out my mobile and pressed redial. Luckily for me my phone kept a track of all calls that entered and left from my phone so redialing Phil's number wasn't too difficult. The first time I dialled the number it rang out.

I knew that there was not chance that Katie was going to die on my watch so I tried again and again. I must have dialled that number over twenty times with still no answer. I was bent over Katie's body checking again to make sure she still had a pulse whilst juggling my phone in the other hand trying to call a man who had got me into this mess and wasn't answering. Katie still had a weak pulse but it was growing weaker by the second. I contemplated phoning 999 but again the idea was shot down in my mind. I tried Phil's number one more time. He picked up.

"Hello, who is this calling please?" Said a gruff voice on the other end.

This was my chance and I took it. I absolutely tore into Phil like a lion would an antelope,

"Oh it's only your good old friend that you've left in charge to run a project of yours that I have no clue on how to run, and yes I'm fine thank you for asking and no the girl you left me in charge of is not, before you ask - which you most probably will not - she is currently lying unconscious on my living room floor not breathing with a faint pulse thanks to no one else but you. Do you want to know why? Because of your stupid drug you thought could control her power. Before you ask I did give her the correct dose and at the correct time intervals. However please can we get to the important fact that SHE IS DYING ON MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR."

"So is your problem that she is on your living room floor then?" Phil says obnoxiously.

"NO IT BLOODY ISN'T. MY PROBLEM IS THAT SHE IS DYING AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT." I shout down to the other end of the line.

"Did the pill work?" Phil has the nerve to ask.

"'Did the pill work?'" I quote Phil in a high pitch voice " well you tell me if it 'worked' the girl is on my living room floor DYING."

"Should I take that as a no?" Phil says. "Did the pill manage to control the visions?"

"Yes it did but who cares because now she is DYING. Now I actually phoned you to see if you could help me with helping her not die?" I say.

"Who do you think I am? A doctor?" Phil says laughing and then hangs up.

I cannot believe it. A girl is dying and he won't even help even though her deathly state is his cause. I have no time to think about him now though because I need to think of a way to bring Katie back.

I do the only thing I know how to. I shout at her and shake her and prod her and shake her more and pray to god it works. You all know though that it won't. It didn't. But I thought I knew something that would. I ran into the kitchen and pulled out my inhaler (I had been asthmatic since I was a little boy). I placed it in Katie's mouth and pressed the button in. I repeated several times over and over until I thought there was not hope at all. That was until I heard a faint coughing.

"Katie, katie come on, keep coughing." I say.

Her big green eyes open and fix on me.

***************katie's p.o.v****************

I can see him staring at me. I can see him and I can hear him. I can feel him hugging me. I can feel my body lurching, retching, wheezing. I can feel my lungs burn. I can feel but I can't talk. I can open my mouth but I can't make a sound. Nothing comes out. Simon walked away and comes back with a glass of water.

************ Simon's P.O.V *************

I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water. My phone buzzes. It's Phil. The text says :

'Make a liquid. Melt the two types of pills together. Make her drink it. I know she's okay. I know she is alive. She will have a voice again.'

What did he mean about 'she will have a voice again?' She already had a voice. I went back to Katie with the water and came back into the kitchen. I took out the two pots of pills and placed one of each type of pill in a bowl. I crushed them up with the end of a rolling pin and put the bowl in the microwave. After 30 seconds I pulled the bowl out. The powder was still in powder form. It had not changed one bit. I got some water from the tap and added it into the bowl and put it back into the microwave. This time the molten liquid came out of the microwave bubbling. I went back to Katie, who had not touched her water and placed the boiling liquid into her drink.

"Drink it." I said "it will help."

To be truthfully honest I did not know if this was true but I guessed that it was worth the chance.

***************** Katie's p.o.v *********

I places the cold glass against my lips and tipped the contents of it into my mouth. I gulped the purple liquid down. I instantly felt my lungs stop burning. I tried out my voice.

"Abbey." It worked so I continued. " abbey is still in danger."

I did not know what had happened but I remembered that abbey was in danger.

"She will be okay." Says simon. "I will go and help her tomorrow."

"She will not be okay." I argue. "She needs help. She is in trouble."

"She is special." Simon says. "Just like you."

"What?" I say, but he just continues,

"She is a survivor. And she is an outcast."

*********** A/N *********

Thank you all for over 3k! If you haven't noticed there is a link in my profile that I would love you to visit as along with writing I like to sing and I have uploaded a video of me singing on youtube! The link is this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Alexandrajaymusic

So please visit and check out my video xxx

The song for this chapter is

Don't look back in anger

By

Oasis

Thank you all again!

Ali

Xxx