Chapter VI

• Dedicated to Beth

His eyes kind of sparkled, like they always say in the movies, and I wondered why he was standing her next to me and what special talent he had. I must have been pulling a stupid face or something because about 10 seconds later he spoke up.

“Hey I’m not that disgusting, you can stop looking at me like that.”

“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be looking at you in any bad way I was just wondering why you were here.” I replied, hoping that I hadn’t offended him too much.

“Well… I...This is going to sound really weird….  I mean …… abbey…” he stuttered but I caught him midway through the sentence after hearing him say my name.

“I don’t know you and you have never met me so how the hell do you know my name?” I ask

“Well that’s the thing. I have the ability to know who people are without any previous knowledge about them. I don’t have a clue how it works but I can just know certain things about people, but sometimes it’s unclear and I can’t always control it. Like when I look at you I can see an adoption centre and a car on the motorway with what looks like… a woman in it? And there’s blood all around her..” I start crying, no bawling “oh I’m so sorry this, you crying, is all my fault.” Jake finishes his sentence then come over to me and wrapped his long arms around me and held me.

“is… is that your mum?” he asks

“y…..y….e…ye…yes” I splutter tears rolling down my cheeks and wetting my neck.

“I’m so sorry, I don’t know what to say” Jake says

The room stays silent for the next few minuets while I compose myself and Jake gets a tissue to dab the tears off my face. Then walks over to the bin to throw the tissue away, and turns the stereo on.

 How can I let this get to me?  All these years and this still makes me upset. I don’t know why. She’s gone and never coming back. But I can’t hold it in. I never have been good at hiding my emotions. I start to cry again, despite the battle to console myself.

“Come on.” Jake says. “Please stop crying.”

He comes over to me from the bin and on his way over he stubs his toe and doubles over in pain. Naturally I can’t help but laugh as Jake hops up and down swearing.

“Glad that cheered you up.” He says smiling but walking towards me with a limp.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry for laughing it’s a bad habit of mine” I apologise

“I’m fine,” he says “it’ll just take a few minuets to walk it off.”

“Okay then.” I reply “ I’m really sorry I we haven’t had a very good introduction, its all my fault, well it’s all my tear duct’s fault!”

“Don’t worry we can start again.” He says.

“Hi, my names Jake.” He says

“I’m Abbey,” I say in return

We stare at each other and soon I feel his wet lips make contact with mine. The stereo booms out You and I by one direction. The whole world seemed to stop and stand still. Anyone could see that he was playing me. Anyone but me.

A.N

Hi guys (and girls)

I think I’m going to start making a song recommendation for each chapter.

This chapter’s song is:

 You and I by One Direction.

Don’t forget to keep voting and commenting it helps so much!

Thanks for all your support

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ali