Chapter XXIII

*************** Simon’s P.O.V ****************

I grab a bag and shove some clothes in it. I realise I only have another hour to go before check in closes and I have to board the plane to go to America. Peter must be pretty desperate to have to call me in early. He knows how hard it is going to be for me to get there in time. Before it is too late.

I then get a taxi to Heathrow airport and check in. I don’t have a bag to put through and so check in is quick. Then when the flight is called I make my way towards the plane. I approach the terminal (16) and see the big white plane with the union jack on its tail. I’ve only ever been out of the country a few times before and this will be the longest flight I’ve ever been on. Then the British Airways airhostess welcomes me on board and shows me to my seat. I’m not being funny but who needs to been shown to their seat. Have you ever seen a plane? They are long and go from 1 to however long the plane is. I felt like saying to the airhostess ‘I managed to dress myself and pay for this ticket, however you think I need you to show me to my seat?’ however I managed to restrain myself and let the woman guide me to my seat in business class.

I closed my eyes as the plane took off. My ears popped and I sat deep into my chair. The journey was going to be long, but it would be very rewarding. I just wonder what I’m going to say to Katie when I see her again.

I must have fallen asleep as I was woken up to the pilot informing us on what the weather was like at the moment in LA and that the temperature was a nice 23 degrees. That sure did beat the chilly 12 degrees back in London. I looked outside to the bright new day that was just starting to dawn as the plane came back down on the runway. Once the plane ground to a halt I unbuckled the seat belt, gathered my things up and took my bag from the overhead locker, this only contained documentation and paperwork for Katie, and headed for the door of the plane. I didn’t realise how stiff you get on a 12 hour flight, but now I know that you get very stiff, very stiff indeed. I greet another airhostess and thank her, even though I don’t even know her and haven’t seen her throughout the whole journey, and then I check through customs. The custom check takes an agonisingly slow hour and a half and by the time I leave the airport and get into a taxi daylight has struck.

*************************Katie’s P.O.V *************************

I carefully shut the car door and then stride towards the building.

“Whoa” Peter says loudly, “what do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going to get my files.” I say stubbornly aggravated by the stupid question peter has decided to ask.

“Oh no you’re not.” Peter says looking around. He grabs me by the arm. I scream out in shock.

“What the fuck, peter? What’s going on? Let go of me now.”

“Calm down Katie.” Peter says calmly, loosening his tight grasp. “I had to stop you before you walked in front of that CCTV camera. Just come with me into this shop, now.”

I walk with Peter down a small alleyway to a small unused shop.