Chapter XVI

***********************************************************************************************************************

A/N

hi guys, this chapter has a fair bit of strong language, so i'm sorry but if you don't want to read the language then you might have to avert your eyes! thanks for all the support! xxxxx ali xxxxx

***********************************************************************************************************************

I got the bus to Becca’s house this time because I forgot how long the walk was and now that I had been reminded this morning I just really wasn’t in the mood to take that journey anytime soon.

Once I had arrived Becca greeted me with open arms. She grabbed some cans of pop from the fridge and we sat on her bed gossiping about life and boys. Then she got a text and started giggling. It was from this boy, she said, and then started giggling again. She showed me the text and I understood why she was giggling. The boy was full on flirting with her and he had got her name wrong. So he was saying how he wanted to get in her pants and he was calling her Becky. She was playing along and when he asked her out, she said that she would go out with him as long as he got one question right. He agreed and said whatever it took he would do. She asked him what her name was. He said ‘Becky’. She said its over, my name is Becca you arsehole. I decided that Becca had changed since we both properly talked. I think that she must have been hanging around with some other kinds of people that get into the kind of thing you don’t talk about, but to me Becca will always be Becca.

It turned out that they had actually been going out on – off for about 4 weeks. She said that she’d met him in town once and they’d been speaking ever since. She said that he was a complete tosser, and that he didn’t deserve her. I said that he was just an arsehole that needed knocking back down to earth from having his head stuck up his ass for too long. And we both laughed about it. Then Becca asked me something that the old Becca wouldn’t have asked me. She asked me if I wanted some vodka. I asked her where the hell she would get it from, and she said that her mum had tonnes and wouldn’t miss a bit. I said that after the other night I would be fine, and she said that I was being a baby just like the others said. I’m gathering that the others are these people that she’s been hanging around with recently.

“I thought that after last night you’d grown up a bit.” She said, giving me a look of utter disapproval.

“I’m sorry that I’m not grown up enough for you.” I said.

Becca stormed off downstairs, returning with some WKD and two glasses.

“Want some then?” she challenged me. I didn’t know what to say. If I said yes, I would probably get pissed, and if I went home pissed I wouldn’t be able to leave the house ever again, but if I said no I could loose my best friend.

“’course I am!” I said. Adding “you didn’t think I would actually pass up the opportunity of booze did you?” for authenticity.

“nah, not really” she said, whilst pouring the spirit into the glasses.

Then she handed me a glass. Raised hers in the air.

“To eternal friendship.” She said.

“To eternal friendship” I repeated. Then we clinked our glasses together and knocked back the blue liquid. The strength of the vodka made me gag. We carried on chatting, giggling and drinking for a bit, then the topics that we were talking about started to turn sour. Worse than who was a bit overweight, or who no one liked in our class at school. She started talking about Katie.

“Mum was watching the news this afternoon, and there was some kid on there that had gone missing. She was called Katie. I think she was from a care home. Better off missing if you ask me. Care home kids, there off their rockers most of them.” She said, stumbling over some of her words due to the vodka. This was rather offensive, but I knew that it wasn’t her talking it was the vodka. It was what she said next that really tipped my boat.

“They’re better of dead. I’m telling you.”

I think it was the amount of vodka talking but, what she said made me see red.

“No they’re not. You egotistical cow. You think you fucking know everything don’t you? Well you don’t. I was a care home kid. For your information I went to the same fucking care home as Katie. And she was more on her rocker than you.” I said

“Oh you were a care home kid were you? Well in that case you’re probably better off dead too. You slag. You think that I don’t know your type of people? You think I don’t know what you were doing last night with your boyfriend while you were two pissed to give two shits? Well of course I do. Like I said you are all the same, you care kids are. You’re all fucked up in the head.” She staggered a bit and came closer to me.

“You think I’m a slag do you? Well at least my mum isn’t a complete piss head like you’re mum. At least mine loves me. Unlike your’s.” okay I was a bit out of order, but like I said, the vodka had gone to both our heads.

“At least I’ve got a mum.” Becca said. “What happened did your mum see you and think that she had to get rid of you? Well she was better off, ‘cause you turned out to be an absolute fucking whore.” She came forward and smacked me right on my cheekbone. It hurt like hell.

“The thing with you Abbey, is that you think you’re better than everyone else, you think that you are some sort of girl that every guy likes. Well they don’t like you. They like what you give them. They like how much you give them, because unlike most of us you give them everything they want. EVERYTHING” she lunged at me again. This time punching my nose, and blood flowed down my face.

“Oh you think you can play it dirty then do you?” I said, and lunged at Becca, but she must have moved quickly, because I just ended up punching the wall that she was standing against.

“Get out.” She said “get the fuck out of my house, and don’t ever come back,” and she grabbed my by my hair and dragged me out of the house, dumping me on the doorstep and slamming the door in my face.

I sat on the step of her house realising what had just happened. I had just lost a friend, someone I thought was my best friend. Well such a good friend she turned out to be. I felt up to my cheek. It didn’t hurt much, but I know that alcohol is a natural painkiller. Then I followed my hand down to my nose. That hurts a lot. I take my phone away. It is red with blood. I get my phone out to take a look at my face. Like I thought it’s a mess. My nose is covered with blood and my cheek is starting to go purple, along with my eye. What the hell is my dad going to make of me? I suppose there is only a small amount of lying one person can do. That amount of lying for me is over.

It is time to come clean.

 **********************************************************************************************************************

A/N

so the song for this chapter is

Fuck you

by

Lilly Allen

xxxxx

Ali

xxxxx