Chapter XIV

******************************* A/N ****************************************************************************

Thank you all for the 1,000 reads this book has now got! i never thought that it would get 100 never mind 1,000. I really want to say that someone who really deserves more than 5,000 reads is my best friend @marybethp, her book catkid is absolutely amazing and she is such a talented writer. please, please, please go and read her book, because she really deserves it. i know i can't force you to do anything, but i really think you should,

thank you all for the support in reading my book,

Ali

xxx

*********************** Abbey’s P.O.V *******************

My head hurt so bad. It felt like someone had actually kicked me. I looked up. And it took my little brain a moment to realise where I was. It looked like a small room in the deserted house that I was doing my training in last night. I don’t think I did my training though, I can’t really remember. No I remember now I didn’t do any training I just talked with Jake. Oh yes, we talked and kissed, whilst drinking that bottle of whisky. Oh god. What have I done? I’ve completely messed things up now. I bet he thinks I’m a right idiot. What the hell was I playing at? I can’t really remember what happened though, I think I might have got a little bit too drunk.

I get out of the bed and go towards the door. Simon is standing on the other side with a bottle of water in one hand and a packet of aspirin in the other.

“I was just coming to see you,” he said. “I thought you might want these.”

He handed me the aspirin and the water and I popped two white tablets out into my hand and handed the packet back to him.

“Thanks,” I said “for everything. I really appreciate it. You know what I said to you, ages ago, when I told you that you would never be my dad, no matter how hard that you tried. Well, I didn’t mean it. You’re the closest thing I have to a dad really, even my foster dad doesn’t match you. You know everything about me, and you would do anything to make me happy. I know that.”

“Abbey, another thing, make sure when you ring you’re dad, make you’re voice sound as bright as possible. ‘cause at the moment you sound a bit hung-over!”

“Oh yes, thanks for reminding me. He would have totally sussed something, and then he probably wouldn’t let me leave the house ever again, you know what he’s like! I said.

He smiled at me and gave me a big hug. I knew that I would have to tell him sometime about what had happened last night, so I thought that it would probably be best to do so while it was fresh in my mind.

“You see, Simon” I said “Last night, Jake and I got a bit drunk and we might have made out a bit. I thought I would tell you because I think that you have a right to know. I really like him, Simon, I know we’ve just met but I know that this feeling is forever.”

“Oh” he replied, sorrow in his voice, which I matched with disappointment  “I didn’t know you felt that way about him. I must warn you, he has a habit of going off with girls and never speaking to them again. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I won’t get hurt, you can trust him. I can’t see him ever snubbing anyone.” I replied.

Simon nodded his head and went through yet another door. There were many doors in this warehouse, all leading to different places. I wonder where that one lead to? Then I thought back to the conversation that I had just had with Simon. I thought he’d taken it quite well actually. He didn’t loose it or shout at me. He just said some kind words of advise, and told me to be careful like any dad would. He really was a kind person. He wouldn’t do anything to hurt me. I got my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. It was 11:40. I had 12 missed calls from Mike, my foster dad. Holy shit I was going to be in deep shit when I got home. I listened to the voicemail messages, each one getting more irate, then the last two were worried ones, him begging me to come back. I knew I had to ring him. It was unfair to leave him like this. He probably thought that I’d done a runner. So I picked up the phone and made the call.