Chapter 27: Happy Birthday Baby

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys, sorry about what I posted yesterday. I had just stopped crying really hard and I felt the urge to write, so I did. Sorry if it triggered you or somehow affected you negatively in anyway. It was not meant like that. I'd also like to apologize in advance that this chapter isn't that long. I tried to make it longer, but it didn't really work out. Either way, I hope you guys have a good weekend, enjoy loveys <3

Make sure to comment and vote on this chapter if you like it! <3

WARNING:

What you are about to read may contain strong language and mature themes.

->->->->->->->-

The first morning of 2019, Colby and I decided to get up early and get a few things done around the house. I made breakfast for our hungover roommates who weren't awake yet, while Colby cleaned up the disaster from last night.

Since Colby was in the kitchen with me wiping down the tables, I decided to bring up something I'd been thinking about lately. "Soo, I've been thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Colby asked a little confused.

"I've been thinking about getting a job to do two things: first off, pay you back for everything you've done for me and so I can start pulling my weight in the house bills," I explained.

The room was silent for a second. I turned around from the bacon in the frying pan to see Colby looking over at me. He had the look on his face he did when he was contemplating something. Then, his lips suddenly formed a smile," I love that idea."

I grinned back at him, feeling a little proud to finally be taking responsibility.

"What kind of job were you thinking about?" Colby asked.

"Something involving piano. If I were to get a job, I wanna like what I do, so I was thinking something involving piano," I told him.

"You'd get one so easy, Ains. You're so talented," Colby complemented. I smiled once more at him.

"I love you. DO you know that?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, I think you have to tell me again," he smirked, walking closer towards me. Colby gently snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Ew, it's too early for that," a familiar voice complained from behind us. We turned around to see a sleepy Corey walking in our direction.

"Good morning to you too," Colby chuckled, hesitantly letting go of me.

"I smelled food," he shrugged as he peeked into the frying pan to see sizzling bacon. Corey quickly gave a look as if to say "Can I have some?" I gave a little laugh and nodded my head. Like a little child would, his face lit up as he went to grab a piece of bacon.

One by one, the hungover friends made their way downstairs and enjoyed breakfast.

->->->->->->->-

The next day was Colby's birthday. Everyone in the house surprised him with a huge breakfast. We ate, then spent the rest of the day lounging around. But I had something special planned.

"Come on," I smiled at Colby as we lie in bed side by side.

"Why?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"We have somewhere to go."

Colby's face instantly turned to a look of confusion. Without clarifying, I took his hand and led him out of the bed. Colby got the idea and eventually followed my lead.

"Do I need to change?" he asked.

"Pajamas are fine."

Colby nodded and followed me out of the house and to his car. "For once, I'm driving," I announced.

"Don't crash," he joked.

"I'll try."

->->->->->->->-

The car ride was silent. Colby's held my hand as I drove, and once I pulled up to the exact beach he asked me to be his girlfriend on, I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye.

"I'll be right there, I need to grab something," I told him. He nodded and exited the car, with me following. Only, I went to the rear of the car and opened the trunk. Once it was completely open, I pulled out a woven basket and a blanket. I walked around to where Colby was. He looked down at what I had in my hands and smiled. Generously, he took the basket out of my left hand, then followed me to the sand.

I stopped at a random spot in the warm sand that was kind of close to the ocean and spread out the blanket. Colby set down the basket and took a seat on the plaid sheet as I did the same.

"I've always loved the beach," he smiled at me.

"I know," I replied in a clam tone. I looked over at Colby to see him glaring at me with a huge smile on his face.

"Why are you staring?" I asked through a small laugh.

"'Cause you're beautiful." I looked at him with an are-you-serious face. "What?" Colby questioned with a surprised tone.

"You're lying to me, Col," I spoke under my breath. "I know I'm not pretty," I mumbled before tucking my knees to my chest.

"No, I'm not. You need to stop putting yourself down, A. I know you don't view yourself like I do," Colby told me, turning my head to face him with two fingers. "But believe me, you, Ainsley Grace Rutherford, are the most precious and beautiful thing my eyes have ever seen. No one in the world even comes as a close second. You're perfect, A. Everything about you is so fucking perfect. I wouldn't change a thing, Ains. You have to know that. And you have to know that's why I love you." 

I couldn't say anything. I just stared into those pale blue eyes of his as he told me how perfect he thought I was. The cold, winter air brushed against my fragile skin as my heart began to slowly melt. I didn't believe that, but I was finally starting to believe that Colby loves me. 

And god, do I love him.

'I love you, Colby. I love you so much," I breathed as I felt tears begin to fill my eyes. I leaned in close until the tips of our noses were touching, but hesitated. I tried to calm my racing heartbeat, but it was pointless. I watched as Colby's head slowly tilted and he leaned a little forward, capturing me in a kiss. The second I felt his strong lops on mine, every thought in my mind faded completely. Colby's warm hands found their way onto my cheeks, cupping them gently. This kiss... it wasn't like any other we've shared. It was gentle and passionate, like our first, but it also told me how much he loved me. The kiss told me that he cared, told me that he'd be there for me no matter what. I could only ever think about him. My hands worked their way into Colby's brown, tangled hair. I've never felt this way with anyone before. I never thought that I'd actually be happy, yet here I am.

I love Colby. I never knew it was possible to have so much love for someone in such a short period of time, but it is. I love him, I love him so fucking much.

->->->->->->->-

If you enjoyed this chapter, make sure to vote on it! <3

Published: January 11th, 2019

Words Written: 1117

TO BE CONTINUED