Chapter 10: Last Night

WARNING:

*What you are about to read may contain strong language and mature themes.

Last night, Ainsley cried herself to sleep in my arms. Last night, I felt her pain. Last night, she didn't hold back. Last night, Ainsley finally showed her true colors. She cried in my arms for what felt like hours. It hurt me to see her like this. But now, here we are. Her cheeks still tinted red from her tears. But that didn't matter. All that mattered was that Ainsley was here. She was in my arms. She was safe. I was nervous because I didn't know how today would go. How would she react? Would she push me away again? Or would she let me in? How would Jake, Sam, Corey and Aaron treat her? Would they ever look at her the same way again? Dozens if questions filled my head, until Ainsley awoke. The sunlight shone down on her face, her bright green eyes slowly fluttered open. I just held her. She nuzzled herself deeper into my arms.

"I'm sorry for last night. And everything. I think I'm going to leave today. You don't have to deal with me anymore," Ainsley told me in a soft voice. I immediately jumped up.

"No. You're not going back there," I snapped, trying to stay calm.

"Yes, I am. I'll be okay," Ainsley reassured. She had this blank look on her face. As if she didn't care. As if she was numb.

"Ains, please don't go. Stay here, with me," I begged.

"I'm too much of a burden. Besides, there's no room here," she urged.

"There's a guest room. Please stay," I pushed, trying harder and harder.

"I don't have enough money to help pay the bills. I can't stay here for free, just please don't fight me on this," Ainsley consoled, taking her hand in mine.

"I'll pay for you. Please don't leave me, Ainsley," I pleaded. It was my mission to get her to stay. I promised her I wouldn't let her go back, and this is me keeping that promise.

"I'm not going to ask you to do that, Colby," she argued.

"You're not asking, I'm offering," I insisted, squeezing her hand tighter.

After what felt like hours of pleads and begs, Ainsley finally nodded her head. She was in my life now. And I intended to protect her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry this chapter is so short, but the more that come will be longer! Make sure to vote on my story so I know I'm doing something right, I love you all, have a wonderful day!! <3

TO BE CONTINUED