Chapter 4: The Mansion

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi guys! I woke up to 18 reads! It really doesn't seem like much but I thought it'd take longer to get almost 20 people to read my story, so thank you! It's me again and I just wanted to say that I have a lot of the story prewritten, so once I finish publishing the prewritten parts, it'll take me a little longer to upload than I normally would. I also have a really long chapter coming up, so get ready! Enjoy!

The car ride was as awkward and awful as I expected it to be. The silence felt like it was taking over my body. I wondered about Colby and why he chose to save me. The only possible outcome I could think of is his adrenaline. I understand why he saved me I just wish he didn't. I wish I could go back to tell him to leave me there, in the street. My eyes looked out the window watching every tree and bush go by. One good thing about him was everything. The hero who saved me had the most gorgeous set of baby blue eyes and a face that made me blush when I thought of him. He had medium brown hair that looked as if it swept itself to the side. 

The more curious I got, the more my eyes drifted away from the scenery outside. I bravely looked around his car to find a camera, one that looked like it was used for photographs, in his back seat. 

"Are you a photographer?" I asked Colby, just to break the suspenseful silence. He chuckled as he looked at me. His crystal blue eyes met mine once again. 

"No, I, uh, film and post videos," Colby explained as he rolled down his window to let in a little bit of air. 

I wanted to know more, but I didn't want to ask questions. I always felt pushy when I did that. "That's cool," I replied awkwardly.

"We're here," he told me as he looked in my direction and smiled. That smile-that smile is going to be the death of me. I loved his smile because it was genuine. From experience, I can usually tell when a smile is fake or not real. But Colby's smile, I was sure it was real. 

We pulled up to a mansion. There were multiple cars of different varieties parked out front.

"I live with some roommates. Sam, Jake, Aaron and Corey," he said right before he turned off his car and took the keys out of the ignition. 

I gulped hard and started to sweat. There are others? What would Colby tell them? That he'd just saved me from my own death? Once again, Colby sensed my nervousness which led him to tell me, "They're all cool. You don't need to worry."

Colby unbuckled his seat belt and opened his car door. He stepped out and came around to open my door. 

"Thanks," is all I said. 

We neared the front of the house and he swung open the front door. A grand hallway entered my sight along with multiple rooms off to the side.

"I'm home!" Colby exclaimed. He slowly held up his hand, gesturing me to take it. I cautiously accepted as his hand intertwined with mine. Colby's hand was warm and I felt safe on this house- or matter of fact, anywhere with Colby.

"I know now's not the right time to meet the roommates," he guessed. Colby quickly led me upstairs, toward the direction of his room. He let me go in first, closing the door behind him.

"Sit," he gestured. "You have to tell me why. You can stay here as long as you need, but you have to give me an explanation."