Chapter 15: Movie Night

WARNING:
What you are about to read may contain strong language and mature themes.

"We're home!" I shouted after walking in the door. Immediately, a creaky door opened and footsteps echoed throughout the house. Arms wrapped around me. I looked to see Ainsley on her tippy toes, her head in my chest, squeezing me as hard as she could.

"I missed you," she mumbled into my chest.

"You too," I whispered back into her hair that smelled of fresh strawberries. After what felt like forever, she let go. I looked down to see her smiling at me. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," Ainsley muttered back.

"Who's up for movie night!?" Corey shouted as he danced his way into the main area, ruining our moment.

"I am!" Ainsley yelled back after she let go of me and went back to her normal short height.

"Me too!" Jake screeched excitedly after exiting the kitchen.

"Me three!" Sam giggled childishly.

"Why not?" I added, getting another famous Ainsley smile in my direction.

"I'll be on Fortnite," Aaron announced in a low tone as he worked his way up the steps.

"Party pooper!" Devyn yelled as she too entered the conversation.

"Movie night it is!" Corey stated with a huge smile on his face.

About ten minutes later, when everyone was in their comfy clothes, we all settled down in the gaming room where the big TV was. Corey and Devyn were snuggled together on the couch, while Sam and Ainsley lay on the other cushions. Jake and I both stole the love sacs. Everyone, beside Corey, agreed on "Paranormal Activity 3" for the movie choice.

About halfway through the movie, I noticed that Ainsley was starting to look uncomfortable. "Come here," I whispered as I patted my lap, indicating for her to come sit.

"I don't wanna take up your space. I'm fine here," Ainsley muttered quietly considerately back.

"Come oonnn," I mumbled.

"Ugh, fine," she fake whined. Ainsley got up and brought her purple fluffy blanket. She cuddled into a ball on my lap with her head on my shoulder.

-----------------------------------------------

The movie had been so intriguing that I hadn't realized that Ainsley fell asleep on me. My phone suddenly buzzed, I picked it up to see multiple texts from the house group chat. Ainsley wasn't apart of it, though. She said "she didn't do group chats."

Corey: You guys are so cute.

Jake: I know right? SHE EVEN FELL ASLEEP ON HIM <3

Devyn: G O A L S !!!

Sam: You guys would be so frickin' cute together! !

Me: Relax, OMG

Corey: We will ONCE you ask her out !!

Me: Oh shush.

Jake: NEVER ! >:)

I chuckled and put my phone back down. "Ains," I whispered.

"Hmm," she groaned in reply.

"Wanna go upstairs?" I asked quietly.

"Mhm," Ainsley muttered. I carefully picked her up to where her head was on my shoulder, her arms wrapped around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist. Step by step, I walked up the stairs to my room to put Ainsley to bed.

When I got there, I put Ainsley down and pulled the grey comforter over her body. She immediately fell back into a deep slumber, soon followed by me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I apologize that this chapter was so short! :( I promise the next one will be longer <3 If you enjoyed this story, make sure to comment and vote on it! Love you guys!! <3

TO BE CONTINUED