Chapter 26: 2019

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are all having a great day :) I wanted you guys to know that my story doesn't follow the time line of how videos are uploaded on Colby's, Sam's, TFIL's and other people's channels. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, guys. I love you a lot, enjoy! Make sure to comment and vote if you enjoy the chapter! :)

WARNING:

What you are about to read may contain strong language and mature themes.

->->->->->->->-

About an hour after I was done my shower, Kat, Devyn and I were all getting ready for the New Year's party in Corey and Devyn's room.

I heard the two chattering behind me, but I couldn't get that voice out of my head.

Save yourself before it's too late.

I didn't want to believe the voice. I wanted to believe that Colby loved me... Because I loved him.

I wanted to believe that he loved me. I wanted to believe that he cared. But how could he? How could he love someone like me? Out of all people, why did he choose me?

Colby could have almost anyone he wanted... so why me? Especially that so much chaos comes along with me.

The anxiety attacks, the breakdowns, the nightmares... Why did he choose me? I don't deserve him. He's too good for me.

"Hellooo? Earth to Ainsley?" Katrina snapped me back into reality.

"Yeah, sorry guys. Started to daydream," I apologized quickly.

"No worries," Devyn grinned.

"So, are you guys ready for the new year?" Katrina asked the group.

"Actually...," I paused while I thought about the question for a second, "yes. So much has happened this year, and I'm ready for a fresh start."

"Amen, sister," Devyn agreed.

"Agreed," Kat did the same. "So, how are you and Corey?" she asked Devyn.

"We're good... Actually really good. I'm glad I found him. These past two or so years would've been complete hell without him."

"I'm glad. You two deserve each other, Dev," I smiled at her.

"Thanks, A. What about you and Colby?"

"We're good. The relationship is still fresh, but I can tell it'll last. I'm happy with him," I smiled brightly at the thought of him. Only Kat, Brennen and the roommates knew about our relationship.

Obviously, only Kat and the roommates knew about my problems. And the only reason they knew is because after I was in the hospital, I didn't feel like lying to them anymore... But only Colby knew about the nightmares. He's the only one who knew about my dad and what happened with him. But I'm glad he knows. Colby cares a lot.

"You two deserve happiness. I'm glad that you have him now, A," Katrina explained honestly.

"Me too. Colby's so much happier around you. You changed him," Devyn added. "In a good way, of course."

"Of course," I repeated while giving a little smile.

->->->->->->->-

About an hour after we were done talking about guys, we were also done our makeup. All of our outfits were all previously picked out, so we all put them on.

Ainsley and Devyn's outfits (Ainsley's is the first one, Devyn's is the second one):