Chapter 20: Promises

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are all having a good day. I just came to say that I am so grateful for all of my readers. I checked my reads about two days ago to see 302, but I checked about an hour ago to see 379.... Oh my gosh. It's so unbelievable that I got so many in such a short amount of time. Save Yourself is also #34 under the hashtag Colby Brock when it was under like 100 something a couple of days ago. Thank you so much! I'm so unbelievably happy and grateful for my readers. I hope you enjoy this chapter because I really liked writing it. <3

WARNING:

What you are about to read may contain strong language and mature themes.

COLBY'S POV

I decided I would go wait for Ainsley by the front door, since she texted me a few minutes ago she'd be ready in a few. I got off the couch and went to the bottom of the stairs. I wore black skinny jeans, my normal Vans and a gray button up shirt. I apparently decided to get her at just the right time.

As the staircase came into view, so did the most magnificent sight I'd ever seen. There, on the stairs, was Ainsley. She wore a black, velvet, tight-fitting dress that abruptly stopped right below her knees. The dress showed off her body very well. It showed her curves, which I didn't know she had until right now and defined her breasts just the right amount. The shoes she wore were perfect. Her hair was in tight, bouncy curls. Everything about her was so fucking perfect.

When Ainsley finished making her way down the steps, I pulled her into a tight hug. Her head ended up pressed against my chest, which for some reason, made me feel safe.

"Even with three inch heels on you're still short as hell," I laughed into her blonde hair.

"That's right. And you love it," she giggled back. I gave her a small laugh, ended out hug and took her hand in mine.

"Come on," I smiled. "Let's go."

I led her out to my car and opened the passenger door for her. Ainsley gave me a smile then sat down in the car.

I got into the driver's seat, started the engine and drove over to the restaurant.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Reservation for Colby Brock, please," I smiled at the receptionist who was working at the front desk.

The woman searched on her computer thoughtfully and responded, "This way, please."

With my hand in Ainsley's, we followed the woman to a secluded section toward the back of the restaurant. It had a perfect view of the beach. The moon was out, reflecting it's light off of the pale blue water. The entire place gave off a very comfortable feeling. We took our seats and thanked the woman.

"Your waiter will be out momentarily," she said mindfully.

I nodded toward her then directed my attention back to Ainsley. I gave her the biggest smile ever before my eyes began to wander about her body.

"You're really beautiful. Do you know that?" I wondered aloud.

Ainsley's cheeks began to turn a rosey pink color. "I don't believe that," she muttered only loud enough that I could barely hear her.

"You should," I suggested. Ainsley gave a little laugh before she put her arms on the table.

I quickly glanced down at them to notice her lengthy cuts peaking from around the corners of her forearms. I'd have to be delusional to bring it up, but damn. She was brave to wear a dress that'd show her scars... And I loved it.