Part 19: The Death

okay guys hi, I haven't done an authors note in awhile. But I suppose I should. After this chapter it'll be the last. PLEASE DONT KILL ME! Its just that this story has list a lot of readers and I feel, as a writer and ultimate fangirl that I should end a story when its shouldn't live anymore. But enjoy these last two chapters please!!!

~~~

Of course all that was a hallucination. It wasn't real, for all I knew it was just Tartarus messing with me. But then again it could be real.

I looked over towards Nico, he seemed to notice that I saw something pretty messed up. He nodded towards me as if to say, I forgive you fish brain.

I beamed at him and then the bell made this echoey sound and I guess that meant we needed to rise.

So we did.

There was this lever in the middle of Tartarus. It seemed so out of place, with its chipped yellow paint and bent metal. But it seemed structurally sound.

A woman stood behind the lever and her dress flew behind her, like black winds. She had bright blond hair that was almost white. It also flowed behind her in a manner that was impossible, considering there was no wind.

"Hello?" Caleb took a step forward.

The woman said nothing.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She was still silent.

"Are you a goddess?" Nico said.

The woman looked up suddenly and she stared at us with startling blue eyes that were so blank, and dead. On the left side of her face, across her cheek and part of her chin there was a mauling scar and the skin there was so thin that it was transparent. I could count the veins and each thread of muscle. I choked back the lump forming in my throat.

"A son of Hades will speak to you." She murmured.

"What?" Nico said.

She smiled and her teeth were too pale against her bright pink lips.

"You're here." She cooed.

"What are we suppose to do?" I asked.

"Oh you don't know?" She said coyly.

"No" I said simply.

She cleared her voice and started talking rapidly.

"Tartarus has different levels. You're just on the first level. The second level is under us."

"What?"

"Also if you push this lever, see this lever?"

We nodded.

"All the monster will fall and demigods will never worry ever again." She smiled. But it was still terrifying.

"No more monsters? No more fights? No more hiding?!" I shouted with joy.

"But there's a catch." I stopped and looked at her.

"What is it." Nico said grindy on steel as if he knew this moment all to well.

"You'll fall in too, my Lord." She looked truly sad, and that's what scared me.

We looked at each other.

"We've got to." Caleb said.

"For the demigods." I said.

"For the abused children." Caleb set his hand on the lever.

"For Bianca and Hazel." Nico choked out. And I think I knew why, he wouldn't be seeing Hazel in long time.

I looked him dead in the eye and said, "For you"

We all pulled the lever.