Part Thirteen: Into Hell

We woke up too quickly. Today was the day. The last time we would be safe. Nico looked up at me. His eyes dark and pure with a glint of dawn touching his eyes. I took his hand wordlessly hauled him off the bed.

"We need to take showers." He said bluntly.

"Yeah okay." I smiled.

We walked to the showers and there we saw Caleb.

"Ready?" He smiled. He had straight teeth that were white and some chipped, no doubt from his abusive parents. I smiled back.

"Yeah let's just get clean." Nico said.

"Yeah,man. We might as well pretty sure there's no showers in Tartarus." Caleb joked. We laughed. We might as well make jokes.

"Okay well let's go get clean!" I held my towel out in front of me like a trophy. We all laughed again. Then we all took showers. I for one especially enjoyed but maybe that's a Poseidon thing!

We then went to eat breakfast. The food kinda tasted bland in my mouth. I guess nothing can really faze you when today was the day you went into Tartarus. We grabbed our nice easy packs. Then said goodbye to our friends.

"Hey Seaweed Brain!" I heard over my shoulder. I quickly turned and saw Annabeth standing in front of me.

"Yeah?" I answered cautiously. She grabbed the front of my shirt and pulled in close.

"Don't you dare die, you understand?" She whispered furiously. I nodded like a bobble head. Annabeth can be pretty scary.

She hugged me quickly and whispered a good luck. Then it was time

I took one of Nico's hands and Caleb took the other. We all said goodbye then we were traveling through the shadows. We travelled so quickly it made me dizzy and it felt like my body was turning through the air. You know those black holes that people always like to talk about? I'd imagine that's how it would feel.

Then suddenly we were done moving. The ground beneath our feet was solid. It kinda made my feet feel like mush. Then I took a look around. The sky and earth still looked dull and colorless. But for some reason everything felt fake. Like a thick cloud of mist was wrapped around everything. I ripped it off, slowly like peeling an orange. Then everything became so clear. I saw the veins run through the earth. I saw each red blood cell pump in each vein. I nearly puked. I've forgotten so much. Tartarus is really one huge person. Nico must've saw it too cause he was holding his hand up to his mouth.

"It's okay" I whispered to him. He nodded slowly. Caleb just stared off into the distance. I think he couldn't see what see or Nico could see. Cause he was just kicking at the ground like it was dirt. I shouldered my backpack.

"Let's get going." I said. Nico and Caleb nodded. And we set off, I saw the glow of the River of Fire. We walked towards that. The blisters already were blowing up on my skin. Thankfully it didn't take us long to make it. We needed to save our supplies. Only eat when we absolutely had to. I know we packed a lot. But we didn't really know how it would take us to leave this place. We drank the fire quickly. And then yelled at Caleb to hurry up. We laughed a little. Make jokes in hell, lovely.

We decided to look for footprints. Just monster footprint. Surely all the monsters were working together on this. Or at least most...

So there's the first part into hell!!!!! Yay a thanks guys for being my loyal readers! Lol