Part 16: This is crazy

Simple: The friggin' monsters woke up.Nico came out form behind the rock, I shot him a glare. But then I had to slash a arc across a manticore's chest. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Caleb shoot an arrow directly into a Empousai's chest then slip out a dagger and stabbed its stomach. Nico ripped apart any monster in his past leaving behind the dust of forgotten monsters. Soon I was fighting a Dracanae and sliced of its tentacles and pushed riptide into its chest and twisted.

"You hold them off! I'm going in!" I shouted to Caleb and Nico. Before heading in I smiled at Nico, he smiled as well.

I fought of two more Minotaurs rather easily, damn I'm good. Then there it was. Unprotected except for the pile of dust surrounding my feet. It wasn't spectacular or anything, just this simple gold metal thing. It was about an inch tall and one and a half inches wide. I grabbed it and threw it in my pocket. Then I made more swinging arcs and ducked under as I wounded a drakon. Drakons are hard to kill and this was a snatch-and-run.

Screaming I ran out of there like I've seen a ghost. (Technically I have, considering we were in hell.)

"ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME FISH BRAIN!" Nico yelled, he was beaming with relief. Then I screamed something pleasant back like:

"JUST FUCKING RUN, ANGEL!" And he laughed and Caleb shook his head in absolute confusion, but we did run. We ran so hard that it seemed impossible then when we had some distance Nico grabbed our hands and we shadow travelled to another area.

We were in a different place, yes. You just don't see the difference. I mean same stuffy air, same acid skin, same everything. Except there was no river of fire. Our skin started bubbling, it stung, like getting a burn from cooking but it popping and stinging over and over again.

"Fuck" Caleb muttered painfully.

"Exactly." I growled.

"Here" Nico gave us a bar of Ambrosia each.

"Eat carefully" He advised. We nodded, then stuffed half the bar greedily into our mouths. Nico rolled his eyes.

"Ve deed do fack to tiver dof vird" I said with my mouth full.

"Vat?" Caleb asked with his mouth also full. I swallowed.

"We need to go back to the river of fire."

"Yeah, we do. Let's go." Nico took our hands again. Then we were tucked into the shadows again.

This time I almost fell in the river of fire. Which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be fun. Nico grabbed the front of my shirt and pulled me toward him, catching me so I didn't get extreme sunburn.

"Thank the freaking gods." I said under my breath.

Nico chuckled.

"Okay, so do you have the bell?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah, got it." I said.

"Let's see it." Nico looked over at me.

I pulled it out of my pocket. The simple bell didn't jingle which was strange. I shook it again.

"Hey to won't ring." I said angrily.

"No don't you remember the prophecy. We have to toes from our friends." Nico gleefully reminded.

"Ugh, you've got to be kidding, I am so not cutting off any toes." Caleb shook his head in absolute disgust.

"Maybe you can just stick a toe in there." I suggested. Nico looked at me dumbly.

"Percy, really?"

"Actually let's try it." Caleb kicked off a shoe then stuck his pinky toe in the bottom of the bell. Then he started screaming. He held his foot as he ripped it away from the bell. His pinky toe was missing. Nico gave him a piece of ambrosia, and poured some nectar on his foot where his toe use to be.

"It took my toe! It took my fucking toe!" Caleb was outraged.

"Ssh calm down. It's just a toe, you don't need a toe." Skin was already covering it up.

"Scan complete" The bell glowed blue.

"Proceed to dive." It said.

"What?" I said, dumbfounded.

"Proceed to dive." It repeated.

"Dive where?" I asked.

"Phalagathem" It responded. "Proceed to dive."

"Dive into the river of fire?"

"Proceed to dive."

What?????

So yep here is this chap. What do you think is going to happen thanks to amant_vale for the nice comment!!!!