part 8 dudes and dudettes

"Percy, Nico do you think you could handle it?" Chiron asked. He stretched pout his hands and layer them on his lap. Nico and I sat before him in the big house. Every word I spoke choked my throat and burned my tongue. Tartarus, nightmares, horrors, and the vile pain of fear. The very thing that brought me and Nico together was now sending us back into its deepest parts of hell.
"Yes" We said in unison. Chiron shook his head in disagreement.
"I can't stop you, not anymore. Not since you are older and this is your decision. You are war heroes you don-"
"I want to" Nico said "I'm best with Tartarus. I made it by myself." He was so calm and emotionless, his warrior face.
"If Nico goes then I go" I take his hand, even though he was the one who wanted to come with me.
"Okay, fine. I believe its time for you to choose your other companion and go to the Oracle of Delphi."
"Of course Chiron. Also thank you." I smiled
"Do not thank me, for I fear I am sending you to your death." And then that happy note he turned back to his studies without a word.
We quickly left the Big House. Nico breathed heavily and finally spoke.
"Who do we choose?!" he asked. I feared this question, I didn't like the idea of putting someone into hell. We sat at Nico's table. we looked around to see possible candidates, but most were twelve or less. I couldn't send someone so young.
"Percy stop" Nico shook my shoulder.
"I'm not doing anything!" I retorted
"You have that look that says 'they're all so young'. Don't think that, think about their capabilities instead." "I can't! They're just children!" I cried.
"Percy you felt with moving form school to school! You killed your first monster at their age. You saw your mom almost die in front of you! And worst of all you dealt with a abusive parent. Percy these 'children' are as capable as you." Nico explained wildly with his hands, much like dancers, flittering and moving through the air.
"I don't want for them to see what I've seen." i muttered. Nico's mouth set into a firm line.
"okay Percy you can choose someone else, i-i understand." His voice quivered with worry, grief and sadness. I remember what Nico looked like when he betrayed me and sold me out to his father. Then his face when he saved me and gave me Achilles curse. I suddenly knew why he felt so strongly about this. He wanted a chance then, a young boy, and I didn't give him that chance. NoIdidn't. hecould've been happy. Realization washed over me, and I choked on my food for a second.
"Nico we can take one of them, we can give them a chance." I gasped as he patted my back.
"Thank you" he said without meaning. As if he understood that i understood. Quickly we finished our food. I barely tasted anything at all. Just the fact that I would be going to the place where my horrors, and darkness that lay within me, come alive.

Sohey peeps. here's this chap. should be on moreoften!! yayliketosaythanksontheratingsandall. Ifeelsohappy!!!! *throws handsintheairandwavesthem.*