The Fighter

"Ryan! Can you come in here for a sec?" I yelled through the calm Saturday afternoon. Well calm for anyone besides me.

It's been six months since I was taken by Alpha Rodgers and things had been settled long ago. Until now that is. Chayce's parents had been killed during battle so after some convincing, Ryan and I adopted him. He was my little boy to fret over and I loved every minute of it. Due to Noah killing Alpha Rodgers, he took over his pack with Shelly. Turns out they were mates. Ryan and I mated as soon as I was given the okay; one month after the whole ordeal and a week after Ryan asked me to marry him. I said yes of course.

"What is it baby?" Inhaling deeply I spun to face my mate. "Can you come here sweet pea?" I questioned nervously. Ryan swaggered over with all the grace in the world. Gathering his massive hands into my own I shakily began.

"I've put this off for about two months because I didn't know how to tell you but I can't wait any longer. I mean you're sure to find out eventually then you'll bite my head off faster than my dad finishes my homemade dumplins. But I can't hide it much longer I'm afraid. So keep an open mind when I tell you this. I love you and I hope you can-"

"Baby, you're rambling again." I swatted Ryan's hands away from my face before I told him my nervous news.

"I'm pregnant."

"What?" He whispered in awe.

"I'm pregnant."

"You're having my baby? You're having my baby!" Strong arms encircled my waist then spun me in circles. "How long?!" He asked. My soft giggles still sounded through the air as I ran my hands through his hair while he kissed my stomach. "Two months." I stated shyly.

"We're having a baby." Ryan murmured over and over again. "I love you Braelynn. I love you so much baby girl!"

"I love you too Ryan. More than you'll ever know."

Things were still far from perfect and I doubt they would ever be but hell this was as close as I'd ever get. I had my family back, new friends, I was Luna of an amazing pack, and I was starting my own family.

Sure things didn't happen the way I'd like them to but I wouldn't change a thing. Most people would've died had they been in my situation. Good people like Isabelle. But not me.

What can I say? I'm a fighter.