The Fighter

BRAELYNN'S POV

As much as I would've loved to lay in bed with Ryan all day, we eventually wondered down the stairs and to his fathers office to discuss what would happen now. No matter how hard it would be for me, I needed to leave now more than ever. Hurting my family would destroy me but add my mate to the mix and I have no doubt I would die. The Alpha's office was huge and much like my fathers. In front of the large oak desk there were several plush chairs and couches. I moved to sit in a large love seat when I was scooped up and sat in a lap. By the sparks flying through my body I knew it to be Ryan. When I resisted he only held me tighter so I gave up and snuggled into him.

When the Alpha of the Darknight Pack came and sat behind the desk he smiled towards me. His features making him look almost exactly like Ryan. The main difference were his brown eyes instead of my mates enticing green. "Well I heard you were pretty but I guess that was an understatement. Congrats son." His deep voice held happiness and washed over my skin like water in a creek. The sound had a comforting fatherly effect that made my smile and blush slightly. Ryan just squeezed my waist a bit and kissed behind my earlobe. "Nick." My father greeted the Alpha giving him a half handshake hug thing men do. I'll never understand that.. "Mornin baby girl." He kissed my head soon followed by all my brothers calling me by their various nicknames.

"Alright I'd like to start this meeting by saying, and I'm sure you and the boys would agree, that Braelynn is not going anywhere." My family shook their head in agreement as protest started to form in my throat and eventually bubble out. "No. I can't do that to y'all. He'll come back for me and hurt anyone in his path! He can do whatever he wants to me but I can't let him hurt y'all!" My breathing turned into pants and my heart rate dangerously increased again. "Shit! She's gonna pass out again! Ryan calm her down!" I heard Ben yell. I couldn't form coherent thoughts. My heart picked up again as my mind played images of possibilities of what would happen if I stayed here. My heart stopped at the last image I saw. Ryan looking me in the eyes as Alpha Richards viciously slaughtered him. The very thought was killing me. I wasn't breathing and my heart was barely beating but I was to lost in that image to notice.

My world went cold before being enveloped into warmth. The strongest point being on my lips. Somewhere in my subconscious I knew it was Ryan so I focused all my energy on that thought alone. I kissed him with as much passion as I could muster. Letting all of my thoughts: fear and love; be shown through the kiss. My hands tangled into his hair while one of his were around my waist as the other held my head in place. His teeth grazed my bottom lip causing me to gasp in surprise. His tongue explored all the corners of my mouth before wrestling for dominance with my own. Being an Alpha's daughter, I didn't give up easy. It was one of the things that helped me stay alive while I was taken. His fingers skimmed the small of my back under my shirt causing me to lose focus and lose our battle for dominance.

A clearing of the throat broke us apart as we tried to catch our breath. Resting our foreheads together he looked at me so intensely I thought he could read every though I had. Most of them being about him. "Judging by that little display, Braelynn's not goin anywhere." Before I could open my mouth to protest Ryan had silenced me with a quick, hard kiss. "He'll never take you. You're mine." Ryan threw my over my shoulder and rushed up the stairs into the room across from the one I woke up in. "Welcome to our room angel." He murmured before slamming his lips back to mine.