The Fighter

BRAELYNNS POV

I wanted to be mad. I wanted to scream and yell for him being so stupid. But as much as I wanted to be mad, I couldn't. One of the worst things I got from my mother is my inability to hold a grudge. Even the men from Alpha Rodger's pack that killed my mother were nearly forgiven in my heart. They were under orders, not choice.

Sighing I braided my hair back before running outside. My large plaid shirt blew slightly in the breeze all the while tickling at my stomach. Finding the perfect antidote to my boredom I sauntered towards the group of children playing on the lawn.

"Luna!" A little boy yelled as he jumped up just to throw himself at me. "Well hi there!" I chuckled. "And who might you be sweet pea?" The boy smiled goofily before speaking in the sweetest voice my ear had ever heard. "Chayce." A tint of pink coated his cheek making me to kiss it. "It's very nice to meet you Chayce. Y'all mind if I play with you?" With excited nods from the other girls and boys I settled myself on the ground with Chayce on my left leg while a little girl climbed on my right. "Jessie." She whispered in my ear. Hooking my arms around the kids occupying my lap I smiled at the other kids.

"What're we gonna do?" I whispered to the 3 before me. The youngest girl shrugged her shoulders as the boy beside her asked what I wanted to do. Smiling evilly I leaned forward to not be heard by nosey nellies around us. "How about we sneak up on Alpha Ryan?" Small giggles lifted through the breeze. "But Luna, what if he gets mad?" One asked. Waving my hand dismissively I told them, "Let me handle the big bad wolf."

Army crawling our way into the house, we made our way towards Ryan's office. As we ninja rolled through the hallways we passed several pack members from all ages who I simply winked to and placed a finger to my lips. The office door was left open just enough to where we could squeeze through without the door making any noise.

As we hid under the desk Ryan started wrapping up his phone call. With a final goodbye, the kids banned together and tackled my mate to the floor. His cell phone flew into the air before landing safely in my hands. I made sure to snap a quick picture of the adorable bunch before pulling a giggly Jessie into my arms. "We did it!" She cheered. We slapped hands in a quick high five before all the kids jumped to their feet. They gave me hugs and kisses before scurrying back to the backyard to play. Ryan slowly rose to his feet. His eyes were glued to the door, waiting for another surprise to come through it. Giggling I wrapped my arms around him.

"What was that?" He asked slowly. Using a sickly sweet voice I saved just for moments like these I spoke softly. "We wanted to say hello." Ryan's arms circled around me before he bent his head down to my neck. "Hello." His hot breath tickled my neck causing a moan to slip out. Taking that as an open invitation he kissed me gently in the place he would mark me before running his tongue alone the spot. My mind clouded with lust as I pressed myself closer to him. My fingers trailed over his sculpted chest from inside his shirt before brushing the waistband of his pants.

A low growl emitted from under my fingertips before I was picked up and sat on the now cleared off desk. Ryan slowly climbed over me until I was laying down. He slipped his hand inside my shirt and gently ran his fingers across my stomach. "Ryan." I gasped through my shallow pants. With another growl he leaned forward until our lips were about to touch.

"Hey Ryan, I can't find Braelynn any-" Jakes voice filled the room. Turning my head I saw him standing my the door. Ryan growled before kissing along my neck and pressing himself against me. "Never mind. I found her." Jakes smirk made Ryan growl louder and press himself even closer. The bulge in his shorts pressed against my core causing an embarrassing moan to slip out. Pushing Ryan up slightly I fought against him to sit upright. "Did you need somethin?" I asked once I'd finally gotten Ryan off me.

Me moved so his legs were on either side of me with his front flush with my back. Moving my hair, he placed wet kisses along my neck to my earlobe. Nipping at it, he sucked it into his mouth before messaging it with his tongue. His hand caressed my stomach under my shirt making it hard to focus on Jake. Smacking his hands I motioned for Jake to continue. "Noah was looking for you. He said something about 'Missing his little bumble bee.'" Squealing in excitement I leapt out of the office and ran towards the living room. Noah sat on the couch watching Bill Engval. "Bubble bee!" He exclaimed. Barely able to hold in my excitement I jumped into his awaiting arms. When he spun me around I giggled and held on to his neck. "Noah!"

"Where have you been buzzin off to bumble bee?" He asked as I curled into his side on the couch. "No where bubba." I mumbled into his shoulder. His muscular arm cradled me into his side as it had since I was a baby. "Can I watch with you?" I asked. My arms wrapped around Noah's torso in the very familiar position. It may have been years since we'd done this, but despite our growth we were snug as a bug. "Course sis." Snuggling more into Noah's side we spent all night cuddled together until he lifted my barely conscious body off to bed.

Today had been hectic. I'd filled in Ryan on all I knew of Alpha Rodgers and his pack. Afterwards I'd gotten to witness the training the pack had been doing for the years Isabelle had been taken. Whenever an attack would strike, they'd definitely be ready. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. Many of the women and children were leaving to a safe location but families of pack warriors would be staying with me in the pack house. Several fighters would be protecting the house to keep us safe but my safety was the least of my worries.

Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled my back to a hard body. With Ryan's arms crossed over my chest to rest on each hip, we swayed to the soft music. The gentle hum of my voice flitted through the quiet bathroom. My braid had fallen strands sprayed around Ryan's tshirt I was wearing. From the mirror in front of me I could see My beautiful mans eyes closed as he swayed our bodies. I entwined our fingers together over where his hand currently lay. "I love you baby." I knew he could hear me even in the quiet tone I spoke. "I love you too baby girl."

"Ryan?" I asked quietly. "Yeah baby?" Smiling slightly I placed our entwined hands over my stomach. "When this is all over, can we... Can we think about starting a family?" Nervous butterflies filled my stomach as I awaited his answer. My brain began thinking of all the responses Ryan could say. Most of them were along the lines of no.

When his hands soothingly caressed my stomach my nerves settled. "My baby, carrying my baby." His smile could light the darkest of nights. My heart fluttered with his words. "Nothing would make me happier than to have our beautiful baby inside your beautiful body." Snuggling back into his chest, I enjoyed the amazing sensation of his hands on my stomach.

"Baby can I ask you something?" I never thought I'd hear my amazing mate be nervous until now. "Anything." He nuzzled his head into my neck so all heard was quick little mumbles. "Can I mark you before everything happens? Just so I know you're safe or if you need me. Please baby, I... I just need to know you're safe at all times."

Turning in his arms I kissed him lightly. "I wouldn't have it any other way." I whispered against his sweet lips. My heat was still in full swing and with his question, my wolf threatening to take over but I managed to force her back. I could feel his teeth elongating from behind his lips before he moved on to kissing my neck. "I love you baby."

A wave of pain was quickly replaced with pleasure as his teeth broke my skin. The wound was licked clean and my heat was turned up several notches if possible. A possessive growl bubbled through my chest. "Mi-" The banging of our room door against the wall halted my words. "It's time." Jake breathed out before dashing away.

Ryan grabbed me and carried me down the stairs. He sat me on the couch in the back game room. "I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you so much." He kissed me frantically. "I love you Ryan. If you don't come back to me, I'll bring you back to life and kill you myself." Bringing his lips to mine again I savored his glorious taste. "I'll never leave you like that." He swore. Grabbing his shirt I brought my pinky to the air. "Pinky promise?" I asked in all seriousness.

"Pinky promise." He whispered. With one last kiss he was off. Taking a deep breath I sat back into the couch. When Chayce and Jessie ran in the room, I welcomed them with open arms. Both had tear streaking their faces when they snuggled into me. "Shh babies. It's gonna be okay. Everythin's gonna be okay." I hope, I added silently.