The Monster

"Prism, calm down," Mora insisted.

"NO- THERE'S A FREAKY MONSTER AND IT TRIED TO ATTACK ME AND CHASED ME DOWN THE HALLWAY!!!!" Prism was still screeching.

"What kind of freaky monster?" Aria asked curiously.

"A BIG SCARY ONE AND IT WAS GONNA EAT ME AND I RAN, BUT I THINK IT ATE CYAN!" Mora fought the urge to roll her eyes.

"Where's the monster?" She asked. 

"Down there!" Prism pointed down the hall. 

"Alright, we'll go check it out." Mora started down the hallway.

"NO!" Prism screeched. "You can't go there! It'll eat you!!"

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Mora questioned.

"Well," Aria wondered out loud. "They say you should never go into battle unarmed." Mora grinned.

"Perfect."

*~*~*~*

"Parch!" Mora yelled out. The Sandwing prince spun around, grinning cheekily.

"What can I do for you, ladies?" He asked, smiling at them.

"We need to get into the weapons room." Mora explained. Parch raised an eyebrow.

"What for?" He asked.

"To kill the monster that ate Cyan." Aria supplied. Parch glanced at Mora for translation.

"Prism saw some monster and she thinks it ate Cyan and so we need to go kill it." 

"There's a monster in the school?" He looked skeptical, but Prism nodded frantically.

"IT'S TERRIFYING!" She declared. He shrugged.

"If you say so. Here's the key to the weapons box." He handed over the small key. "Second door past the DOD's personal caves."

"How do you even have that key?" Aria questioned. Parch smirked.

"A good magician never reveals his secrets," He proclaimed. "If you guys aren't back by the end of the day, I'll assume the monster killed you and I'll go avenge you."

"Thanks," Mora offered. "Tell Rosella that if I die, she gets first dibs on all my stuff."

"Got it."

So the trio of girls broke into the weapons box, raising their eyebrows at the pathetic display.

"One rusted sword," Aria commented.

"Three daggers," Prism went on.

"Couple of broken chakrams," Mora offered. "Oh, here we go." She held up a big stick.

"Really?" Aria questioned.

"Best weapon in the whole academy. Let's go."

"That stick has had a great life." Prism commented. "We should name it."

"Why would we name a big stick?"

"Because it's OBVIOUSLY a magic big stick."

"Why is it magic?"

"Because out of all the sticks, Clay chose THAT ONE to be the JMA's personal protection stick."

"Do you just give everything a name?" Mora questioned. Prism shrugged. 

"Pretty much. I named the monster already. It's name is Bryaxis." Aria and Mora stared at her.

Prism led them back down the hallway, Mora brandishing the stick in case anything jumped out at them.

"It was right down here," Prism insisted, pointing at one of the caves, slightly afraid. She clung to Aria out of fear. They stepped closer, and then stopped at the sound of talons on the floor. Prism let out a tiny squeak of fear, and Mora held the stick higher.

And then something darted out of the cave. Prism and Aria screamed and Mora slammed the stick on the figure's head. 

"OW!!!!" Someone yelled out, dropping to the floor. They stopped and Mora stepped forward, frowning.

"Cyan?" She asked.

"Yeah?" Cyan was lying on the floor, painfully rubbing his head.

"Oops, sorry."

"We thought you were Bryaxis." Aria offered.

"Who?" Cyan asked.

"The monster." Prism explained, rushing over to him. "I'm sorry."

"Monster?" Cyan frowned. "Ooooooh, you mean-" He laughed. "You mean the BAT that swung down from the ceiling and made you scream bloody murder and run away?" 

"A bat?" Mora echoed. "Seriously?"

"IT WAS SCARY." Prism objected. 

"Suuure," Mora smirked. "So scary."

"SHUT UP."