Thorn And Haze

Haze and her father had moved into the Sandwing Stronghold shortly after Meerkat's and Sunny's wedding. It had been an adjustment, but Haze was growing to really like the Stronghold.

Sure, she wasn't a fan of the guards around every corner, or that it was so easy to get lost in the huge palace.

But the armory and the fact that she was allowed to go anywhere and do pretty much anything made up for that.

In addition to Thorn, who Haze loved. In return, Thorn adored Haze as well.

They were quite similar, after all.

*~*~*~*~*

"So," Thorn began one night, as she, Sunny, Haze, and Meerkat sat at the Stronghold's impressive dining room. "How are you liking the Stronghold?"

"This place is huge." Haze declared. "But Six-Claws doesn't really like it when I paint paths leading back to my room on the floor."

"Six-Claws, along with everyone else, is OBSESSED with keeping this place clean." Thorn agreed. "I swear, if they scrub the sand anymore, it'll turn into glass." Haze smirked.

"Your armory is quite impressive, though." She continued. "All those knives and spears- I think I even saw a cactus bomb or two."

"You probably did, although I try to keep those separate since they're so fragile." Thorn studied the dragonet before her and smiled. "Would you like one of the weapons in there?"

"What." Haze's eyes widened.

"I mean it. We could go to the armory now, and you could pick out whatever weapon you want, and it's yours." Haze gaped at the Queen.

"You are now my second favorite dragon of all time." She declared. Thorn laughed and glanced down the table at Sunny and Meerkat, who were quietly flirting and laughing with each other. 

"I doubt they'll notice if we disappear for a while."

"My dad definitely won't. Let's go!" 

The two of them snuck out of the dining room and headed down the hall. Sure, Haze could barely find her way back to her own room, but she had every path to the armory memorized.

"So who do I have to beat for the title of your favorite dragon?" Thorn questioned. Haze blushed slightly.

"You'd have to beat Boysen, so I think you're stuck in second place forever." Thorn smiled at the dragonet.

"Ah, yes. The mysterious Boysen. Tell me about him."

"What do you want to know?"

"Seeing as he's dating you? Everything."

"Well....He's super kind, funny, smart, and sweet, and selfless, and he's kinda shy and innocent, but he also fought in the hybrid war so he's a secret badass too. He's a Nightwing-Seawing hybrid and an orphan, and is just generally extremely handsome and awesome." Thorn sighed.

"What IS it about those Nightwings? It snags us Sandwings every time!"

"I have no idea. Maybe it's something in their DNA."

"Honestly though, it's like they have a 'Seducing Sandwings 101' Class."

"....I have sources in the rainforest, and I will immediately torture them until they reveal the truth about their hidden flirting classes."

"I want to hear the results of that investigation, and I'm sure all the other Queens will too so they can avoid the dashing handsomeness that is the Nightwing tribe."

"Maybe that's their secret plan all along. Get the Queen of every tribe to fall in love with a Nightwing, and then take over.

"...Well, they've got two out of six. Not bad so far."

"Scary." The two stopped at the armory doors, and Thorn flung them open, revealing a huge room filled with swords, spears, cannons, chakrams, shields, and other various weapons.

"I bet this room puts JMA's weapons room to shame." Thorn guessed. Haze snorted.

"The weapons your guards are carrying on them put that box to shame. The best weapon they have is a stick."

"Hey, I've beaten a blob of camel spit with a stick before. It can be quite painful." Haze stared up at the Queen. 

"Teach me your ways." She pleaded in awe.

"In what? Fighting? Swearing? Being a Queen?"

"All of it." Thorn grinned.

"Oh yeah. " She proclaimed as Haze picked up a sharp dagger. "I knew I was going to like you."