AHA!

"Well that was pointless." Rosella declared.

"On the contrary, I think it makes our investigation that much more important," Parch countered. "My dad never keeps things from me, Sellie, especially when I ask about them specifically. It must be pretty bad if he's hiding it."

Rosella picked up the paper with the symbol on it from the ground and flattened it out.

"Do you think your mother might know anything?" She asked. Parch frowned.

"Doubtful. She was pretty sheltered when it came to the Hybrid War, but we can try."

"Camel said she was in her study, so where's her office?" Parch laughed.

"Sellie, my mother doesn't have an office. Her study is just code for the mini armory she's always in."

"Your mother has a mini armory?"

"Yep,"

"And I'm just learning this now WHY?"

Haze's 'study' consisted of a desk, a chair, a fireplace, a pile of swords and spears in the corner, and a couple dartboards on the wall with pictures of Sandwings Rosella didn't know pined to them. A couple of the pictures were so stabbed full of holes, you couldn't tell who it was supposed to be.

"For not being related to her, you sure take after Queen Thorn," Rosella commented. Haze's head snapped up at the sound of her voice. She grinned at her son.

"Well, Thorn and I spent a lot of time with each other." Haze explained. "Sunny and my father were always away together, trying to bring dragon equality or something, so that left me with Thorn."

 "Awesome." 

"Now, why exactly have you run from JMA?" Haze asked. "Are you fighting someone and need to borrow a weapon or four? I know, JMA's weapons box is utter crap- I mean, how much can a giant stick defend students, Clay?" 

"Hey, never underestimate the power of the JMA giant stick." Parch insisted. "And unfortunately, no bad guys yet. We were wondering if you knew anything about this." He handed her the paper.

"....Nope!" Haze proclaimed. "Never seen it before- why, what is it?"

"It's some symbol from the Hybrid War," Rosella explained. "It means Hybrid pollution, and supposedly represents some place that no one wants to talk about."

"We tried asking Dad, but he shot us down." Parch went on. "Said he couldn't talk about it, and that it was better to let that part of the war die." Haze frowned.

"Well, that I know a little more about." She insisted. "Something happened in the Hybrid War. Something that very few dragons actually know about, but none of them will talk about. I've brought it up to Boysen a couple times, but he always gets this haunted look in his eye, and refuses to say a word, except to ramble about how awful it was." She shook her head. "I've never pushed the subject because I hate seeing him like that. Whatever it is, though, you might have better luck asking about it in the Color of the Wings headquarters. Those guys know everything about the War. Fiji might know something about it- he'd probably be willing to help you."

"Great," Parch offered. "But uh....Where exactly IS the Color of the Wings Headquarters?"

"They're still active?" Rosella questioned. "I heard they disbanded." Haze smirked.

"The Color of the Wings will never die, Rosella. Not while there's one member left alive." 

*****

They were heading out of the Stronghold, now with a map to the Color of the Wings Headquarters, when someone spotted them.

"AHA!" Teal shouted accusingly.

"Teal?" Rosella frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take YOU back to school," He insisted, grabbing his sister's arm. 

"Hold on there, tiny dragon." Parch advised, stopping Teal. "How did you even find us?"

"Sage is a genius." He replied. "She gave me a list of dragons you might be near, and Haze and Boysen were first on it." While Parch was mad that Teal had found them, he was also a little happy to see that Operation Seal was going according to plan. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm taking my sister back to JMA."

Rosella crossed her arms.

"And what makes you think you have any power over me?" She questioned. Teal shot her a look.

"Look, Rosie, either you come with me, or I'm going wherever you go, because I'm don't trust him." He pointed at Parch, who rolled his eyes.

"Let's just go back then," Rosella offered. "We can see if anyone else has an idea of what's going on."

"And we can get someone who has actually been to the Headquarters to go with us." Parch agreed. "It'd probably be better to walk in there with someone they know."

"Exactly." Rosella declared. "Lead on, Teal, you obnoxious little dragon."

"I am NOT that little."

"But you are extremely obnoxious."

"You're obnoxious."