Arrested

Permafrost raced through the Rainwing village, searching the colorful faces of the dragons she saw until she slammed into someone, sending them both crashing to the ground.

"Shore!" Permafrost exclaimed. At least she had run into the right dragon.

"Permafrost." Shore replied. "First of all, OW. Second of all, why are you running?"

"To find you!"

"Well, mission accomplished. What's up?" Permafrost's face fell.

"You don't know yet, do you?"

"Know what?" Shore looked suddenly uneasy.

"Damnit." The Icewing swore. "I didn't want to be the one who had to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Shore repeated, looking worried.

"...Orange got arrested."

"She WHAT?" Shore shouted, jumping to his feet. "How? What happened?"

"Apparently she attacked some Rainwing."

"So? That doesn't mean she should be arrested!"

"Shore, the girl she was fighting LOST an EYE."

"...Well, if she was fighting Orange, then she probably deserved that."

"Shore, it's bad. The other girl wants to press charges against her." Shore shook his head.

"No, there's got to be something logical behind this. Orange would never fight that violently if she didn't have to."

"I know that, but the dragons who arrested her obviously don't." Shore thought for a minute.

"I gotta go talk to Deathbringer." he declared. "He'll be able to help me." 

"Shore-" Permafrost started.

"I'll talk to you later!" He insisted before taking off. Permafrost sighed, hoping he would be able to fix this.

*~*~*~*~*

Shore stormed into Queen Glory's office, slamming his talons down on her desk. Glory raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?" She asked, slightly interested.

"WHY was my WIFE arrested today?" He demanded. Glory's face softened.

"Oh, Shore, I'm really sorry about that." She insisted. 

"If you're sorry, then RELEASE HER!"

"It's not that simple; she attacked another dragon."

"So what! Like no one in this family hasn't attacked someone before?"

"Shore, Orange isn't family just because you're married-"

"Like HELL SHE ISN'T!" Shore exploded. "She's been apart of this family since the day I met her!"

"But she's not biological royalty, which means I have no sway in what happens to her."

"You're the Queen! Of course you have some sort of sway! What is even going on?!"

"Shore, calm down." Deathbringer advised. Shore glared at him.

"NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF BEING TOLD TO CALM DOWN, HAS EVER CALMED DOWN, BY BEING TOLD TO CALM DOWN!" The Nightwing rolled his eyes, and forced Shore into a chair.

"We're going to fix this." Deathbringer told him. 

"Deathbringer-" Glory started.

"We WILL fix it." He repeated, his gaze shifting to Glory. "Why don't we start at the beginning?" The Queen sighed.

"According to the reports, Orange was fighting with another Rainwing when Orange punched her, turning their verbal fight into a physical one. Her opponent attempted to fight back, but Orange, of course, is a far superior fighter; she won, practically RIPPING OUT the Rainwing's EYE as she did so." She offered. Shore let out a sigh.

"And now the Rainwing is pressing charges." He added.

"But we don't know what provoked Orange to attack her," Deathbringer interjected. "If it's justified, we could find a way to have the charges dropped."

"And what justice is that?" Glory asked. "The right thing to do would be to punish Orange for her crime." Shore's face fell.

"The right thing to do is to hear her side of the story before you decide anything else!" He proclaimed. "Where is she being kept, anyway?"

"The small Rainwing prison I've put together over the years," Glory offered. 

"Then I'm going to see her."

"Shore, that may not be a wise idea-"

"I. Don't. CARE." He deadpanned. "Somebody arrested my wife today, and I intend to find out why." He headed for the door.

"Shore wait!" Glory insisted. "There's something else you should know." Shore paused, waiting. "You know the Rainwing she attacked."

"Who was it?" 

"It was Juniper." Shore turned to face her.

"....Well that explains everything."