Hope's Innocence

A few weeks into school, Hope found herself in the library with Stream and Willow. 

She was sad to learn that there were no scrolls on sparkly pink magic dragons, but Starflight did direct her to a fun series involving sparkly pink horses with weird names.

Hope was looking around for the rest of the series when she turned a corner and stumbled onto a strange sight.

 At the end of the row, hidden by scroll racks, Stream and Willow were kissing. 

"Oh." Hope whispered, politely turning her attention to the scrolls. An Icewing rounded the corner next, and froze at the sight of the kissing couple.

"That is revolting." He declared before turning to Hope. "Don't you agree?" Hope blinked.

"You don't like seeing dragons kiss?" She guessed, not quite sure what he was talking about. The Icewing scoffed.

"It's not JUST that." He continued. "I mean, I have nothing against hybrids, but two girls kissing each other? That's just wrong." Hope frowned.

"....Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why is it wrong?"

"Because it's unnatural!"

"Why?"

"...Because two girls can't be together. It's not right."

"Why?"

"WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING WHY?" The Icewing demanded.

"Because I don't understand what the problem is, and you just keep listing the same thing! I don't see your reasoning!" She exclaimed. He stared at her.

"Two girls can't be together because girls are only meant to be with guys, and guys are only meant to be with girls. And being gay is wrong. "

"......Why?"

"Because that's the way things are supposed to be, and they are disgusting for having chose this instead!" Hope frowned.

"....I don't think that's something you get to choose..." She assumed. 

"Well, either way, they are disgusting, and wrong, and somebody should fix them."

"Fix them?"

"Yes."

"...But they're not broken...." The Icewing threw up his hands.

"ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?!" He demanded.

"Hey!" Willow's angry voice yelled out. "Don't you talk to her like that!"

"Oh great, here come the lesbians." He scoffed. "Why don't you go kiss a guy, like you're supposed to?" Willow's face contorted in rage, but Stream got there first.

"Why don't you go to hell like YOU'RE supposed to?" She yelled out before grabbing a scroll and cracking it over the Icewing's head. He dropped to the ground, and Stream hit him a few more times before Willow pulled her away and eyed Hope.

"Why were you talking to him?" She asked. Hope tilted her head.

"He said you were wrong, but he wouldn't tell me why." She admitted. "He's not very good at explaining things."

"Hope, there's nothing wrong with a girl liking another girl." Stream insisted.

"I know." Hope agreed. "I used to have these two girl scavenger dolls, and they were married and had a pet fish named Lucky and lived happily ever after."

"Three moons," Willow whispered, shaking her head in wonder. "How are you so innocent and precious?" 

"Because she's adorable, that's how." Stream replied, taking Willow's talon and leading them away from the unconscious Icewing.

"Why does everyone call me innocent?" Hope asked. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Good." Willow said instantly. "Very good."

"Good for now," Stream offered. "You'll mature later."

"Okay...Can I see the scroll you beat him with? I think it's the one with the magic ponies I was looking for."

"....Hope, the whole edge of this is covered in blood."

"I don't mind, I'll read around that."