Chapter 14

That walk back to Andy's room seemed to take hours. It felt as though my feet were glued to the floor. I stopped just outside his door and told Jinxx to go in first. 

After taking a few deep breaths I swallowed the lump in my throat and headed inside. 

My eyes filled with tears as I walked inside, eyes falling on the man lying on the bed. 

So many wires and tubes littering his perfect body. They'd wrapped a white gauze around his head, and all I wanted to do was crawl in the bed next to him, hold him close and never let him go. 

I slowly approached the bed and gently took his hand in mine. "Hey, baby" I began softly. "They said you did really good during the surgery and everything went good.

Even though that wasn't entirely true. I couldn't tell him that. Didn't want him to worry anymore than he already was. 

A nurse soon came in the room, checking Andy's vitals. She looked over at me and smiled. I could tell she truly cared about her patients. 

"My name is Sherry. I'll be Mr. Biersack's nurse until he goes home. If there is anything any of you need, please feel free to push that button right there on the bed." She said with a smile. 

I liked her. Even though we'd just met her, she seemed like a person who looked out for her patients and their families. 

"Thank you...Um, I kind of have a question." I began, looking over at her. 

"Yes?" 

"Is anyone allowed to stay with him tonight?" I started, taking a deep breath to compose myself. "I really don't want him to be alone."

She smiled "I don't see why not. I can go get some cots if you guys want them." She said.

"That's very nice of you, ma'am." CC said "We would appreciate that." 

The woman nodded and stepped out of the room, letting us know she'd be right back, and we were left alone. 

"Andy, come on, you've been asleep long enough." Jake said, taking a deep breath. James was immediately by Jake's side, and it brought a small smile to my face. At least something good had come from all this heartache. 

Pretty soon the woman returned, pushing in a couple cots. Once those were in, she hung her head out in the hallway, grabbing two more. 

"This should do you," She started "Here's some blankets, the chair reclines. But, if you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask." 

"Thank you so much, for everything" James said, smiling up at her. 

"No problem. Have a good night guys." She said before she turned and walked away. 

I moved the chair as close to the bed as possible, resting my head against the bed. My fingers still locked with the singers. 

"We should all probably try and get some sleep." Jinxx said, climbing on one of the cots and laying down. 

I knew he was right, but I honestly didn't think sleep was an option for me. Not now. Not until Andy woke up and I knew he was okay. 

I nodded though, hoping the others would be exhausted enough to pass out soon. I could feel tears stinging the corner of my eyes and I was trying my best to keep them at bay. 

Everyone agreed and soon one by one they all fell asleep. Even James, which honestly surprised me a little bit. 

I sighed and took one final look around the room. Once I was sure they were all asleep, I shook my head, letting the tears stream down my cheeks. 

This wasn't fare. Why did this have to happen to Andy? To us? We were supposed to grow old together. Now, I wasn't sure just how much time I had left with him. 

He didn't want to die in the hospital. He wanted to go at home, surrounded by the people he loved the most. 

And we were going to make sure that happened. 

We hadn't had a chance to talk about much, but the things we did were pretty important. He didn't want to go until he and I were married. Said he wanted to die happy and that would make him the happiest he'd ever been. 

God I love that man. 

"I love you, Andy. Please wake up." I said softly. 

Hours passed. Nothing had changed. Nurses came in every so often to check his vitals and other things. They assured me this was normal and he should be waking up soon. I wanted to believe them, but it was hard. What if he'd already given up? What if he was already tired of fighting? I don't know what I would do. 

I need this man. Need him more than I've ever needed anyone else. He is the reason I'm able to get up every morning with a smile on my face. 

I closed my eyes, hoping sleep would take me. 

The moment I started to drift off, visions of Andy in his final moments flooded my thoughts and I jerked awake. Thankfully no one else had woken up. I sighed and stood up, leaning down to press a kiss to Andy's lips.

"Come on, angel. Please wake up. It's time to get up." I said, and within seconds his finger began to move and he opened his eyes slowly.

"Hey beautiful." He said softly. 

"Hey gorgeous. Let's get married." I said with a smile.