Chapter 10

I hate hospitals. I know we need them, and I know there are people there that save others, but I still hate them.

I've seen more death inside the walls of a hospital than anything good.

"Someone will be out to speak with you in just a few minutes. Please, have a seat." The nurse said, smiling at us.

"Thank you." I said, leading Jake and the others to sit down.

"I can't handle this." CC said quietly.

I knew this was hard on them. Hell, it was hard on me too. I loved these guys. All of them. They were as much my family as the guys were.

Jake grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. "Thank you for being here." He began, shaking his head "I should be taking care of you right now. Instead, you're here, waiting in this stupid waiting room with me."

"Hey, don't say that. Andy is my family too. And I want to be here for you. Danny and them would want me to be here too.

Truth is, I wasn't lying about that. If they could tell me one thing right now it would probably be that I better not leave Jake's side until we hear about Andy.

God, I hoped he was okay.

I've never saw him look like that before. I knew everyone was scared. I was too. I didn't want this to be over. Didn't want them to have to go through what I am right now.

It sucks.

"Why won't someone come and tell us what the hell is going on?!" Ashley, who was obviously upset shouted.

"I'm sure someone will be in here as soon as they can, bro. Calm down." Jake said, taking a deep breath.

"You know, it's weird" Jinxx started "I wanna know what's wrong with him...but then again, I don't. What if it's something really bad. What if..." his voice trailed off.

"Don't. Don't talk like that" I interrupted. "If there's something wrong, we'll deal with it. We'll get through it. But we don't know anything yet." I reminded them.

Ashley nodded. "This is just driving me insane. I hate not knowing what's wrong with him. He's not just the love of my life, he's also my best friend. I can't live without him." He said, wiping at his eyes with the back of his hand.

"He's strong. He wouldn't leave you without a fight. You know that. " CC added.

I sighed softly and rest my head against Jake's shoulder.

I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together. Just as I was about to say something, the door opened and a doctor walked through the double doors.

"Biersack family?" He called, looking around the room.

Ashley jumped up quickly "how is he?" He asked.

"He's asking for you. Why don't you come in with me." The doctor said, leading us through the doors and down the hallway to Andy's room.

As we stepped inside the room, I couldn't explain the weird feeling that hit me. Something was off. I didn't know what it was,  but it was something.

Andy was laying on the bed, eyes closed. He looked so frail in that hospital bed.

I swallowed hard and we thanked the doctor as he stepped out the room, telling us he would give us a few minutes and would be back in later to talk to us.

"Go ahead and talk to him, ash." Jinxx said, she's fixated on the still form of the younger man lying on the bed.

Ashley stepped closer to the bed, and took Andy's hand in his. "Baby? Baby I'm here." He started, looking around. "We all are."

Andy's eyes fluttered open slowly and he looked up at the bassist, offering a small smile. "Hey gorgeous." He said, his voice low and raspy.

"You scared the shit out of me...well, out of us." He laughed, shaking his head "did they figure out what happened?"

Andy swallowed hard and turned his head away from Ashley. "Yeah..."

"Wha—-what is is, Andy?" He asked.

"I—I have..."

By this time Andy was in tears and my heart was breaking in two.

"You have what, Andy?" Jinxx asked.

"I have a brain tumor..."