Chapter 11

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. No. I must have heard him wrong. No way did he really just say what I thought he said. 

The room was silent. I think we were all trying to process what we'd just been told. Ashley looked as if he might fall over at any moment. 

"Wait, what?" CC asked, obviously in shock. 

Andy took in a few deep breaths in an attempt to compose himself. "That's why I was unconscious when you found me. That's why I've been having those horrible headaches lately." He said, moving slightly in the bed, propping himself against the pillows.

Ashley shook his head, stepping away from the bed. "This isn't funny, Andy." He began, shaking his head faster "You shouldn't be telling us these lies. I have to get some air." He said as he turned and quickly walked out of the room. 

Jinxx sighed and nodded as he looked at Andy. It was almost as if he knew what the singer was thinking. "I'll go after him. We'll be back" He said, hanging his head as he walked out of the room. 

Jake, who had pretty much remained quiet cleared his throat and took a seat in the chair next to the bed. "So, what does this mean?" He asked. 

We all knew  what he was asking without him even asking. He wanted to know what we all did. Was Andy going to die, or was this something he could survive.

"I have something called Glioblastoma. Apparently most people who have this only live 15-16 months. I have to go through surgery, chemo and radiation. If I do, that alone could raise the amount of time I have left." He said softly. 

I sighed softly, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry, Andy." I said. 

Andy shook his head "No, I'm sorry. Here you are, you've been through so damn much and now here you are, going through something else when you haven't even had time to mourn." 

I shook my head, offering him a small smile "Hey, don't talk like that. You're my family too. You all are. Hell, Danny would kill me if he thought I wasn't here for you and everyone else." I reminded him. 

Andy let tears fall down his cheeks at the mention of Danny's name. 

"He knew something was wrong with me. He told me the headaches I'd been having weren't normal and I should get checked out...but I was too scared to. Now look at me." He said, shaking his head. 

"I wish you would have told someone what was going on.." Jake said, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. 

"Now that I look back, I wish I would have told someone too." Andy added, letting his eyes close for a moment before looking back at us again. 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Are you about ready to head back inside?" Jinxx asked, watching as the bassist paced back and forth, cigarette in his mouth. 

"I don't know. I don't know if I can do this." He said. 

Jinxx sighed "Listen, I understand you're upset, we all are, but Andy needs us. He needs you, Ashley. He needs us now more than ever." He added. 

Ashley took in a deep, shaky breath as he stopped, turning his head to look back at his friend. "I'm scared. I don't want to lose him. I love him." He said.

Jinxx nodded and got up, coming to pull Ashley into a hug. The two stood there for what felt like hours, crying. 

"No matter what happens, you've got all of us behind you. We will support you and Andy always. Nothing is going to change that." He assured the bassist. 

Ashley nodded "I guess we'd better head back inside now." He said. 

Jinxx nodded and wrapped his arm around Ashley's waist as they headed back inside. 

Just as the doctor was coming back in, so was Jinxx and Ashley. 

"Great, everyone is here" The older man began, looking around the room. "I'm assuming Andy has filled you in on what's going on and what our plan of action is. Does anyone have any questions I might could answer?"

"How long does he have?" Ashley asked quietly.

"The normal life expectancy for someone with this type of cancer is 15-16 months. But, if we do surgery, chemo and radiation we could possibly add another few months to that." He nodded "I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but when you're in this situation, most people feel as though any amount of time they have with their loved one is worth it." 

"What if he doesn't do the treatments or surgery?" CC asked. 

"Then he only has a little over a year...could be less. It honestly depends on what stage he is in. And that's something we won't really know until we do the surgery." 

"Is he going to be in any kind of pain?" JInxx asked.

The doctor shook his head. "That's something Andy and I have discussed already. He wants to be at home when it happens, and we will make sure he has plenty of drugs. We've also been in touch with Hospice who will start coming out every so often to check on him. As his time draws near, they'll start coming out more often." 

"How will we know when it's time?" Jake asked.

"We will talk about the signs and stuff as the time comes closer. Hospice will also give you guys a bunch of info when they make their first visit. Now, this is something we needed to talk over with all of you. Do you have a problem with him being at home when it happens?" He asked, looking at Andy.

"I don't want to die alone. I want to be surrounded by everyone I love. This way, I can." He said. 

Ashley shook his head "It doesn't bother me." 

Everyone else agreed. 

"Good, now is there anything else anyone has a question about?" The doctor asked. 

"How long will the surgery last? Will he have to stay in the hospital?" CC asked. 

"The surgery will take anywhere from 3-5 hours, and he will have to stay in the hospital, in ICU for at least 2-3 days. After that, he will be free to go home. And we will send him home with plenty of pain pills." 

CC nodded. 

"So,  when is his surgery?" Jake asked. 

"Well, we were talking it over and we could actually do it now. Get it over and done with. Then, after a couple of days send him on his way." The doctor said. 

Ashley nodded and took Andy's hand in his own. "Okay."

Andy nodded. "Yeah, let's get it over with." 

"Perfect. I'm going to go and get things ready, a nurse should be in here soon to take you back to pre-op." He said as he turned toward the door. "I'll see you in a bit, Andy." 

Andy nodded, and swallowed hard as a few tears ran down his cheeks. "I'm so scared." 

Ashley frowned, carefully climbing on the bed next to his boyfriend. "It's going to be okay, baby. We're all here and we'll be here until we know you're okay." He promised. 

"I love you, Ash." Andy said softly. 

"I love you too, Andy."