Chapter 6

I used to joke around and say I wasn't afraid of anything. And in a lot of ways, I'm not. There is one thing though that scares me to death. The thought of being alone. I hate it. I've never had to go through it in my life. There has always been someone there with me. Now, I was alone. Alone and terrified. 

I still hadn't found Cameron. Wasn't sure how he was going to react to everyone being gone. Especially Sam. Those two were as close as two people could be. Since the day they'd finally admitted their feelings for one another, neither of them had ever been the same. 

I couldn't lose anyone else. I just couldn't. These guys were more than just my friends, they were my family. My brothers. Hell, I didn't even have time to mourn their deaths, because I was trying my best to keep it together. With any luck, Cameron was just unconscious and he'd be okay. 

The longer it took me to find him the more worried I got. What if I never found him? How would I explain that to his family? They'd never forgive me. Hell, I'd never forgive me either. This was a member of my family too after all. 

"Cameron?! Please answer me." I begged, eyes scanning the bus for any sign of the taller man. 

My heart was breaking and there was nothing I could do about it. I needed him. Needed him to be okay. I couldn't do this. Not again. I couldn't say goodbye to someone else I cared about. 

My heart was racing. Where was he? Why was it so impossible to find him? I was beginning to panic now. All I could think about was what could have happened to him. And honestly, it was driving me insane.

"Cameron?! Please. please answer me." I begged, feeling my knees start to crumble from beneath me. 

I needed him to be okay. Needed him to help me through this nightmare. 

I could vaguely hear my phone ringing in the distance, and for a moment I thought I was losing my mind. 

I looked up, slowly getting to my feet as I followed the direction the ringing was coming from. I finally found it, and carefully reached under some boards and retrieved the phone. 

I glanced at the number flashing across the screen. It was Andy. Probably worried because we hadn't met up with them yet.

I took a deep breath as I answered the call. "Hello.." I said softly. 

"Dude, someone better have died" Andy started with a laugh. "I thought you asses were right behind us." He said. 

I took a deep breath in an attempt to compose myself. 

"James? Is everything okay?" Andy asked when he didn't hear me joking back with him. 

"No." I said simply.

"What happened?" The singer asked. I could tell he was worried now. You could hear it in his voice. 

"There was an accident. Andy..."

"Oh my God. Is everyone okay?" He said, his voice growing louder. 

I shook my head, tears streaming down my cheeks. "No." I replied.

"James, where are you now?" He asked. 

I shook my head, eyes scanning my surroundings outside, hoping there was some sort of indication as to where we were. " I don't know." I said softly, defeated.

"Okay, I need you to do me a favor." Andy began "Turn on your location settings on your phone" He instructed. 

Shit. Why did't I think of that. 

I nodded and went into my settings, turning on my location. "Done." 

"Okay," He said after a couple minutes passed. "I know where you are now. I'm going to come and get you." He added. 

And that should have made me happy. Or at least relived me. But it didn't. I still had to find Cameron, and I wasn't prepared to leave without my brothers. "Okay." I replied softly.

I stepped outside of the bus carefully and scanned my surroundings. I had no clue where I was. All I knew for sure was I hoped this nightmare would end soon. 

It didn't take long for Andy to arrive. I could hear the car pull up, even heard him shut it off..."James?!" Andy yelled and was at my side within seconds. 

Jake had come along too, which was probably a good thing. Andy wasn't going to be able to handle this either. Especially when he saw Danny. Those two had grown extremely close over the years.

"I can't find Cameron." I began, shaking my head. "I don't know if he's alive or not." I admitted softly.

"where is everyone?"Jake asked. 

"On the bus....I can't leave them. I just can't. Please don't ask me too." 

Andy shook his head "Of course not. We wouldn't dream of asking you to do that. They're our family too." He added,  fighting back tears. 

"I'll go start bringing them out, Andy you stay with James. Maybe look around here for Cameron." Jake said, nodding as he headed in the bus. 

Soon Jake was carrying each body off the bus, laying them gently in the grass across from Andy and I. The first body to be pulled out was Sam. 

Jake wiped at his eyes with the back of his hand and headed back inside the bus. 

The next was Ben. By now, tears were streaming down all of our faces, and no one bothered to wipe them away. 

Taking a deep breath, Jake stepped inside once more. It took him a few moments to come back out this time, but soon he appeared with the lifeless body of Danny in his arms. He gently laid him down next to Ben, and we watched as his knees gave out from under him. 

Andy wasted no time running over to Jake. He swallowed hard, patting Jake on the back as he knelt down next to Danny's body. He sat down next to the singer, gently pulling him over so he was resting his head in Andy's lap. 

I took in a deep breath and looked away from the scene in front of me.

I quietly got up from the ground and began walking around. Cameron was still out there, and I was going to find him one way or another. 

Tears flowed down my cheeks, as I swallowed hard. After what felt like an eternity, I found Cameron. 

"Cameron!" I shouted and hurried over to him.

He wasn't moving. I couldn't tell if he was breathing. I knelt down beside the taller man, gently shaking his still frame. "Come on, Cameron. I'm here. It's going to be okay. Open your eyes, please. Please open your eyes, Cameron. I can't lose you too. I just can't...." My voice trailed off as I looked down at the face of my brother. 

Deep down I knew he was gone. His chest didn't rise and fall and I didn't feel any breath when I put my finger under his nose. Cameron was gone. He was gone and now I was all alone. 

I felt my knees buckle from under me and before I knew it I was on the ground. 

I grabbed Cameron's lifeless body and hugged him close to me and I cried. Cried harder than I've ever cried before. 

They were gone. All of them and they weren't coming back.