Chapter Twenty-Three - The Last Dance.

I'm sorry I didn't make a chapter last time, I was sick, so it may not be that good as the other chapters I normally make so...

Yeah!

Oh and sadly, I can only post a chapter now every once in a week or twice...

Carrie xoxo

P.S And sorry if the chappie is again quite short, the next chapter is definitely the big one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I held Harry's hand as I adjusted my corsage on my hand. There was a simple candle in the middle of the ballroom table.

"Look, I can't thank you enough for - "

"Stop thanking me!" He laughed. 

"Whatever!" I scoffed.

The auditorium was filled with senior-high students and some juniors, and lots of boys dressed in tuxedos. And with teenage girls wearing and strutting around with their dresses, and showing it off to everyone.

I stayed quite quiet and calm on my seat as the rest gradually went onto the dance floor to do what they want to do.

"Have... you ever been to prom before?" I asked, looking at his green, blossoming eyes.

He nodded. "Yep."

"Then... why did you, want to ask me again?" I questioned, in deep curiousity.

"Because... I wanted to." Harry said. "Care to dance?"

"Su..sure..." I said, placing my hands on his as we entered the dance floor. 

Just then, the song Paramore - The Only Exception came on. Oh right, a perfect song for this moment, eh?

"You are, the only exception, you are, the only exception..." Hayley Williams sang throughout the whole melody.

Yep, you can say I was in heaven.

I leaned my hand into his shoulders, as the song soothed my mind. Now I knew, I, really, really, really am in love with him.

My best friend. Milward.

"So, what do you think of prom now?" He says to me.

"Perfect," I innocently replied. For the first time, it was me who leaned to kiss him.

"Woah." He chuckles. "So now you know how to kiss eh?"

"I never said I couldn't." I grinned. But, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Turning around, I saw Alice waving at me. 

"Alice!!!" I hugged her as if she's the best thing in the world. Her eyes twinkled like the stars in the sky.

She perked her head to the left, to see Harry, folding his arms.

"Harry?" She said, as Harry's head lowered.

"Uhm... Darcy?" He says, looking at me, and then turning to Alice.

"Mhm, what's wrong?" I say.

"I think I need the bathroom now." He groans, before he makes a dash for the restroom.

"There's something going on here, eh?" I smiled, as Alice faces becomes down.

"Yeah... I think I'd better need some air too." She grunts, as she turns away and also heads for the toilet.

Woah. There is definitely something going on here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~