30

Vicky West

The day passed exceedingly quickly, and I had an exceptional time with Harry. He needed to work for a few more hours, so I thought it would be a good time to head home. I could've stayed longer, but I didn't want to distract Harry from his work. He tried to convince me to let him drive me home, saying the city buses are full of 'lunatics', but I refused vehemently. He was busy enough with his paperwork, and driving me home would interrupt him - yet again - so I wasn't going to let that happen.

''Harry,'' I said when he kissed me for the fifth time since I told him I was leaving. It was really hard to talk to someone like him, by the time you were halfway through a sentence he had already forgotten what you were supposed to be talking about. ''I really-'' I tried to speak, only to have my words muffled by his lips. ''-need to get home.'' I tried to explain, fully aware that he wouldn't hear a damn thing I said until he was a safe distance away from me, so I managed to softly push Harry away from me. My hands were resting on his chest, while he stood in front of me, looking me deeply in the eyes.

''Don't you like my kisses?'' Harry pouted childishly. I rolled my eyes at his feeble attempt to persuade me into another make-out session, but there were other priorities we both needed to attend to. I had a shift at the café tomorrow, and dance in the evening; if I didn't get enough rest I would be exhausted tomorrow. After the my eventful time with Harry, all my pent-up energy was gone and was in need of serious rejuvenation.

''I adore your kisses, they are lovely.'' I made it clear to Harry so as to not offend him. ''But I really need to get some rest.'' I whispered against Harry's lips, only then realizing that we had moved closer.

''Was I riding you too hard?'' Harry questioned me in amusing panic.

''No,'' I assured him, trying to stifle a giggle at his less-than-romantic way of wording things. ''I have no idea actually, but I am tired.'' Harry stroked my cheek, and I grasped his hand when he touched me.

''Well Miss. I-Am-Tired, get used to it cause this won't be the last time.'' I chuckled softly at his words, and I leaned closer to place a quick, and gentle peck on his lips.

''I am going now,'' I said. ''See you tomorrow, all right?''

''All right,'' Harry agreed with me annoyingly.

''Good,'' I said. ''Have a wonderful evening, Mr. Styles.''

I grabbed my jacket, and turned to walk away from Harry, but he managed to slap me harshly on my ass before I could get out of the way. I gave him the middle finger, before disappearing out of his sight. I really enjoyed Harry's company, and I would love to spend another evening with him, but unfortunately I had other things to do as well.

As I walked out of the Moulin Rouge, my eyes caught sight of a man leaned up against a white pick-up truck. He looked so out of place here, unsure of what he was even doing. The wind was blowing harshly against my face, and I hated how bipolar Los Angeles' weather was. This morning I woke up with the beautiful sun, and after spending almost a whole day inside, I am faced with probably the shittiest weather I've experienced since I got here...but luckily it wasn't raining. I took my zipper between my fingertips and pulled it up swiftly to close my jacket.

''Excuse me, Miss?''

I heard a man ask me. I stopped walking, and I turned around to face the man leaned against the truck. I gave him a warm smile, and I stepped a tiny bit closer to him. His brown hair was sticking up in different directions because of the wind, his blue eyes shining even with the lack of sun. He was handsome, his baby face littered with scruff from not shaving for a few days, his aura radiated "I look like I'm a badass, but I'm actually a sweetheart". The smoke billowing out of his mouth when he exhaled only solidified my perception of this 'bad-boy' persona. Some loose pieces of my hair were obscuring my sight, so I quickly placed them behind my ears before I spoke.