25

Vicky West

''I will call you tomorrow morning,'' Harry said, when we stood in front of the door of my apartment.

''Why would you call me?'' I questioned.

Harry placed his arms around my waist, and pulled me closer against him. My hands were placed on his chest as I looked up meeting his eyes. We were a few inches apart, and I could see the corner of his mouth twitching upward.

''Because,'' He breathed out against my lips. ''I am going to pick you up for work.''

''Sounds interesting,'' I said cheekily.

''It is,'' Harry replied. ''See it as two excited teenagers getting ready for school.'' He jeered.

''School sucked,'' I stated.

''Women literally sucked,'' Harry said jokingly, and I raised an eyebrow.

''You're ruining the moment,'' I whined.

''Deep inside of your ice-cube heart, you enjoy this.'' Harry remarked.

I took Harry's hands from my back, and placed them at his sides. ''You need Jesus,'' I told him, honestly. I turned around and placed the key in the keyhole. I attempted to open the door, before I felt Harry resting his chin on my shoulder.

''I am being a gentleman, Vicks.'' He breathed against my ear.

''If that is your definition of a gentleman, I don't want you to be one.'' I said before I smiled happily.

We didn't say goodbye at my door, like I had planned, he just walked right inside.

''I need to get ready now because if I am late for work, who is going to cover for me?'' I questioned Harry.

''I could just pop by,'' He announced.

''You have done that enough,'' I stated.

''I bet your colleagues love me,'' Harry told me happily.

He should know.

''They do,'' I agreed sarcastically. ''Now get your annoyingly cute face out of my house,'' I said seriously.

''Mmm,'' Harry muttered. ''I only agreed with the words cute face.''

''Well, it won't be so cute for long if you don't go away.''

''I should go,'' Harry stated, apparently I had made my consequences clear to him. I escorted him to the door, and he opened it, but before Harry walked away he turned around to face me before leaving. ''Just so you know, I still have that cute fa-''

I cut Harry off mid-sentence by smashing my lips to his. He was shocked with my actions, needing to pull his thoughts together before gathering his wits and kissing me back a few seconds later. He didn't get much time to respond as I pulled away shortly after he responded. ''Now go, before I chop you into tiny pieces.'' I stated, adding one last chaste kiss to my lips before he was walking away.

I closed the door behind me, leaned my back up against it and stared into my apartment. It took me only moments to realize I had a lot of cleaning up to do; I could try to make it a bit tidier in here. I only had to work for three hours at the café in the evening, and that meant I had two hours before I needed to leave. I would have loved to spend more time with Harry, but that also meant we would have been together the whole day. . . and I wasn't sure if I could handle that.

Harry was a great guy, but hanging out with a pervert for twenty four hours wasn't something I needed or wanted to do at this point. Not to mention, his constant chatter about his four televisions, with the occasional outburst of joy at his fifth arriving next week, was not something I could tolerate. That man certainly had some issues with spending money on unnecessary indulgences.