Chapter 24 - You Howl You Growl

Chapter 24

Amaya's POV

Remi's head jerked to the side from the full force of my punch, causing me to smirk happily. As he slowly turned his head back to face me, I noticed his eyes were now pitch black and there was a low rumbling sound coming from his chest. Once he faced me again completely, he punched the wall right next to my head, creating a gaping hole in it. I didn't dare flinch back and show him any weakness, so I stood in my place while glaring into his black eyes. 

I wasn't sure on what he was going to do next, so I was especially surprised when he growled and suddenly just stormed out of the room. After he slammed the door I let out a breath and walked over to my bed to sit down and gather my thoughts.

I couldn't actually kill him, could I? I mean, he is my mate... No, he gave up being my mate when he left. I can't just let him get off from that, but I want to find out what's going on with him and my pack. He said he'll be Alpha, so he's going to kill Alec and Zane? Not on my watch; I'll kill him before he lays a hand on them. Which reminds me... I need to check up on them. Find out exactly where they're being kept and speak with them. But should I try to just convince Remi otherwise? Everything is so confusing...

After my little inner reflection period, I sat up and decided against going out on my own and being caught again. I was surprised to find the door unlocked and no guard outside of it, so I stood in the hallway and began walking down the corridor in search of him. I quickly passed the rooms that had men's voices yelling through the walls until I came to a closed door. Instantly I knew Remi was on the other side from the warm tingly feeling that was suddenly streaming up my arms and down my torso. I twisted the door handle and slowly opened it to find him staring at paperwork with his head in his hand. Once my whole body had entered the room, his body tensed and his head snapped up in my direction with a shocked look on his face. I stared at him for a second before clearing my throat and talking.

"I would like to know what exactly is going on." I demanded.

"I already told you that, princess. I'm going to be Alpha of this pack, and you're to be Luna. What else is there to understand?" He said simply.

"Okay one, that's never going to happen unless I am dead and buried, and two, what have you done with my pack members?" I said angrily.

"We'll just see what happens." He smirked. "They're being confined. Relax, they're perfectly fine. Not a scratch on them." He said before standing up and walking towards me. I took a wary step back, causing him to stop and look at me intently before I continued.

"I want to see them." I said seriously. He let out a breathy laugh and took the remaining step towards me, placing his hands on my hips lightly. Instantly I wanted to rip his arms off, but I restrained myself so that I could get what I came here for.

"You know I can't let you do that. You're too unpredictable. Well, at least now you are. It's weird; you used to be so sweet and mellow. Now you're just..." He trailed off with a concentrated look on his face. He lifted up one of his hands to place it on my cheek and rub it lightly with his thumb. "Your eyes..." I flinched and took a sharp step away from him.

"Yeah well, you can thank yourself for that." I ground out.

 "You know I didn't want to leave you like that, but it was something I had to do. There's no need to be acting the way you are Amaya. I'm back, and I'm staying." He said sternly.

"We'll see about that." I snapped back before going into a stare-off with him. Normally I would submitted since he is a Commander and currently has a lot of power, but not this time. I bore my eyes into his hard, golden ones for what seemed like forever until there was a knock on the door.