Chapter 23 - On the Battlefield

Chapter 23

Amaya's POV

The minute he turned around and that disgusting, gorgeous smile grew on his face, I lost it. My vision zeroed in on my target and I began storming directly towards him. I was only a few yards away from him before he realized something was wrong and his smile faltered for a second.

"Amaya, are you--" He said before he was cut off as my fist connected to his face with a sickening crack. He stumbled back for a split second and a completely shocked look took over his face before anger replaced it. "What the hell is your problem?!" He yelled.

I didn't reply as I jumped forward at him and jabbed him in the stomach, although it didn't do much since his abs blocked the force from it. This caused my anger to spike up even more as I threw another punch at his face, connected with his cheek before he grabbed my arm forcefully, trying to restrain me.

"You better stop right now princess, or you'll regret it." He spat at me.

I snarled at him and brought up my other fist to punch him on the other side of his face. Crack. I could tell that something was probably broken as his head jerked to the side from my punch. He grabbed my other arm before he turned his head to the side to spit out some blood before turning back to face me, his face the look of pure rage. I could feel him shaking in anger as he gripped my arms tighter and tighter, trying to control his wolf. I took a small step back before lifting my foot to place it on his stomach before shoving him back in one swift motion, causing us to break apart. He stumbled, almost falling before I lunged at him again, ready to tackle him and end his life. 

Right as I was about to attack him, someone threw themselves at me, forcefully knocking me to the ground. I snarled and looked up to see one of his men glaring down at me. Before I knew what I was doing, I transformed into my wolf and jumped at him, grabbing for his throat in the process. I could feel the heat from his neck right between my jaws before someone else grabbed me and yanked me back. I shook the person off to see another rogue staring at me in slight shock before he recomposed himself and shifted into his wolf also. I growled and lept at him, ready to rip out any rogue's throat I had in sight. He turned at the last second so I only got a chunk off his shoulder before someone bit my back leg, causing me to yelp for a moment before whipping around to face my attacker.

"DO NOT lay a hand on her!" Remi yelled at the rogue that had bit me.

I gave him a wolfish smirk before lunging straight at him and biting his leg. He yelped and jumped back before running at me again in an attempt to tackle me down. I was just about to rip out his throat before I felt teeth grab the scruff of my neck pull me back. I yelped and swung my head around and bit the side of the attacker's neck in an attempt of being freed from the iron grasp. He let go and I was able to spin around and get into an attack pose to see Remi's huge wolf looking back at me in a stance that said I was no match for him. How wrong he was. I snarled loudly and ran at him, but right as he dodged to the left, so did I. I was just barely able to grab the side of his neck and rip off a chunk of fur and flesh, causing him to yelp loudly and jump back in surprise. I lowered my head and glared at him, his neck now bleeding badly. He stared at me for a second before charging at me, but I was too quick and jumped out of the way, biting his left left in the process. He snarled at me, clearly furious at how I was beating him before beginning to slowly walk around me in circles, trying to intimidate me. I followed him with my eyes as he circled me, trying to find a weak spot. Suddenly, he burst forward and jumped at me, grabbing my scruff between his jaws before pinning me down. Instantly his rogue allies her at his sides holding me down also as I squirmed and growled menacingly at them. 

"Sedate her." I heard Remi order once he'd shifted back.

Then, everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*